Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ann Glenis Williams

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 3 Oct 2013 11:56

I am looking for Ann Glenis Williams, born in Islington on 14 July 1944. I believe she was adopted so may have changed her name. I am her niece and would dearly love to get in touch.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Oct 2013 12:12

Have you tried search trees to see if she is listed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Oct 2013 12:15

Mmn Williams. Nothing to indicate she was adopted on her GRO birth record

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Oct 2013 12:17

If you think she was adopted, add your name to the Adoption Contact Register and hope that she has as well.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Why do you think she was adopted, and roughly when? If she was old enough to have known her name, she might still have the same forenames

Carol

Carol Report 3 Oct 2013 16:16

Thank you Shirley and Detective. I have looked at the link to the Adoption Contact Register and will send off my form tomorrow.

Great suggestion.

Thanks again :-)