Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PLEASE HELP ME FIND CHRISTOPHER...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 May 2014 18:56

Hi, i am trying to find my 1/2 brother, i have been on here before, but had no luck...
if anybody knows of a Christopher who has a mother with the name Sally... who i know at some point, possibly in the 1980's lived in East Grinstead... i do not have much information on his surname as my father is unsure, he thinks she was a Churcher or Jackson, but doesn't know which was her maiden name or surname... all i know is that we share the same father David Palmer...
I believe he was born in the early 1980's...
Names that may be relevant are;- PALMER or CHURCHER or JACKSON
Mothers first name is Sally
I believe his mother is originally from Lancashire... and could have been a nurse... i believe that's where my dad met her...
My Dad's name is David...
I have no idea if he evens knows that he has an older 1/2 sister... but would love to find him... i never knew about him when i was younger... and only got the details when my mother died in 2001... i haven't seen my Dad since my mothers funeral, and am not quite sure where he is... so can not ask him for anymore info, at the moment this is all the info i can remember...

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 May 2014 19:07

Just to clarify.....................

Was Christopher born in Lancashire or south of England?

Do you know that Christopher stayed with his birth mother and was not adopted out of the family?

If you know whereabouts they lived in East Grinstead, old electoral lists could be checked to see her full name and surname.

Have you checked ...Search All Members Trees.......... on this site for possible matches for Christopher.?

Gwyn

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 May 2014 19:24

I am not entirely sure... i remember seeing some court papers between my dad and his mother... presumably this was for child payments, tho again i am not sure, but they were for Lancashire and i am sure the year on the papers was 1984... so i would then think that he was born in lancashire, but again this is just a guess... he was def living with his natural mother, i also think i have very vague memories of visiting him as a child once... i was not told that this was my brother, but i am positive now it was him, so at some point in the 1980's she moved to E.Grinstead... but that is all i have...
Tracey

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 May 2014 21:42

Can you list your previous threads so we don't go over the same info?

Rose

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 May 2014 22:33

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1335904

[EDIT: No, sorry, this is a different Tracey also looking for a Christopher.]

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2014 01:46

ROSE they were deleted as i was told to delete if adding a new post...

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2014 01:49

ArgyllGran was that message ment for me... as i'm haven't got a clue who they are... ;-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 May 2014 09:24

You should not delete threads which have info people have taken the trouble to find for you.

What you should do is add to your original threads..............and not start new ones about the same subject

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 May 2014 09:49

Perhaps you should start by tracing your father. Where was he in 2001 and when was he born?

Rose

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2014 15:03

Reggie, i was politely told to delete all other posts by some one on here, so i did, didn't realise u could merge together... and they have been on here since 2006, with no new posts on them.... how ever some one may have just cracked it for me, with an address in E.Grinstead... so will now be compiling a letter to send to address... fingers crossed.... and ty for ur advice... and i will post here with any news....

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2014 15:17

Rose, he was living in Spain, but since my mother died, had split up with his then wife, now he is back in England but don't know where... i know all his details apart from where he was born... again he would have been born either in Lancashire or i think it was the same place as myself, which would prob not take much to find out... but some one may have just cracked it for me... with an address in E.Grinstead... so will now be compiling a letter to send to address... fingers crossed.... and ty for ur advice... and i will post here with any news....