Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lookup at the archives office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 8 May 2014 14:18

Hi.. I'm not sure even if the archives office even have registers for this but I'm looking for someone that was in a children's home in Sheffield but I'm not sure which one.. So I suppose if they have these records it's a case if checking each one... I would also like to know which school this person went to then I can search other avenues like forums etc... He was born 1865 and his name is Anthony Higgins... Pls can anyone help me find any information possible... I'm thinking if I can't find him which I have not done so far then I may find someone who knew him and knows where he went.. So the school or children's home he went to could be a great advantage.. Thank you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 May 2014 14:57

Can't think anyone who knew him would be around now surely .

Have you looked on the census for him ?

OR have you mistyped his birth year?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 May 2014 15:08

If you mean **1965,**there is no public access to these records or their content,,,,,,,only a resident can make a request for their own home care records and authorised access has to be got via a local authority.

Childrens homes were usually known by a name such as,,,,,,, ie,,,,,Willowbrook House.,Sunnybank Villa.,,,,,,,and still called such today,............but locals would have known their use.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 May 2014 15:44

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1339332
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1336923

And at least one other, which was deleted

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 8 May 2014 21:24

And another, presumably by mistake:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1340279?jump=1340279

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 May 2014 00:44

I meant 1965...
The previous posts should have been deleted!!!!! I'm a bit sick to death of this site tbh... All I ever get back is people reporting previous posts as duplicate WHEN CLEARLYI AM ASKING FOR DIFFERENT INFORMATION!! I am assuming that's what ur doing when u post previous links!!!!!!! If no one can help is it not EASIER TO JUST IGNORE MY POST OR JUST SAY!!!!!

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 May 2014 00:46

Thanks for the info kay

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 May 2014 09:38

No-one has reported this thread.

Highlighting the previous requests is for the benefit of members who may think of trying to help you.

Please do NOT delete them, as they have a lot of detail in them.

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 May 2014 10:49

Thanks for that Reggie
I'm not sure how this site works, it's a little frustrating cause I thought it was best to delete other threads due to me moving direction in my search and trying different ideas.. It's helpful though that you have explained why the previous threads are attached..
Thank you