Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

reddyhough, vose or jolley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jaclyn

jaclyn Report 3 Jul 2014 00:31

Looking for anyone who is related to one of these names, who's is from bolton

jax

jax Report 3 Jul 2014 02:59

Your best bet is to search the trees on here, then send messages to the tree owners

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 4 Jul 2014 13:39

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1342210

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 4 Jul 2014 13:40

have you done any research, jaclyn?

tell us how far you've got

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 4 Jul 2014 15:13

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1907
Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
REDDYHOUGH Emily VOSE Herbert Bolton, St Mark Bolton 63/4/21

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 4 Jul 2014 15:18

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
55 Bryce St Bolton, Bolton, Lancashire, England

Print household transcription Household Members
Age Gender First name(s) Last name Birth year Birth place Relationship to household head Occupation Marital condition
32 Male Herbert Vose 1879 Bolton Lancashire Head Labourer Married Image Transcription
24 Female Emily Vose 1887 Bolton Lancashire Wife - Married Image Transcription
0 Male Alexander Vose 1911 Bolton Lancashire Son

jax

jax Report 4 Jul 2014 16:31

Looks like Reggie posted that census before though

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1308179

jaclyn

jaclyn Report 4 Jul 2014 18:03

It starts with Emily Reddyhough born 1887 in Bolton, she married Herbert Vose 1907 and had 2 children by him, Alexander Vose 1911, then Herbert Vose later, Herbert Vose senior died 1920. Emily then married Thomas Jolley in 1921, which she then had 2 more children, Reginald Jolley 1922 and Frederick Jolley 1925, Frederick was my grandfather, Reginald was the only other one to have children I think he married a Mary but don't know her maiden name, somewhere there are jolleys, so I'm looking for anyone who has any connection to the names Reddyhough, Vose and Jolley

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jul 2014 22:30

Jaclyn,

PricklyHolly sent you a possible marriage for Mary, and child, by pm, as mentioned on that linked thread, have you followed up those suggestions?

Ricochet,

Why do your replies seem to interact with Reggie's so often?

jaclyn

jaclyn Report 4 Jul 2014 23:24

I don't think its the same Mary jolley, but thanks anyway, please read my thread on reddyhough and where I have got up to, this would help

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 07:40

Which thread on Reddyhough?

You have been given the probable marriage for Reginald to a Mary, and birth of a daughter Mary - you could apply for the certificates to confirm.

If you obtain the death certificates of the parents (Reginald and Mary) and she was an informant, then that would show her current surname.

Why do you think it is the wrong Mary Jolley jnr?

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2014 07:47

The marriage of Reginald to Mary would appear to produce at least 3 children - where did you get the information about Mary jnr?

Thank-you

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 6 Jul 2014 11:44

This could prove useful

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/422561

jaclyn

jaclyn Report 6 Jul 2014 21:31

I got the information from my mother, Reginald is her uncle, to her understanding reginald and Mary had 2 children, Mary jnr and a son, that is all I know, Mary jolley jnr and her son if they are both still alive and well are the only jolleys left in our family