Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for my dad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 28 Aug 2014 20:15

Hi just tryin to locate Ian Purvis lived in Faneway maidenhead in the 70s. I know he had 2 other sons( my brothers) who I'm led to believe moved to New Zealand.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Aug 2014 20:48

There is one of that name on the electoral roll here till 2009. might be worth looking at if only to eliminate it. Will PM the details. ( click on ' messages' in menu across top of page)

patchem

patchem Report 28 Aug 2014 22:09

Have you got an approximate year of birth for him?

Thank-you

Steven

Steven Report 28 Aug 2014 23:07

Born 1956 taplow I believe I have already a census from 2013 that an address in Eton held possibility.

patchem

patchem Report 28 Aug 2014 23:11

If he was born in Taplow, then it is probably this birth, with no middle name for him:

Births Jun 1957
PURVIS Ian Windsor

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Aug 2014 14:53

If you don't mind - is he aware of you? Assuming we were able to find him for you, unless handled with care contact could cause distress if his current family aren't in the know. Might one suggest that a third party is involved as a mediator?

The address for 2013 would be from an Electoral Roll - the latest census in the public domain was taken in 1911 :-)

Have you written to it, or was there a no/negative reply? If no reply, check if the house has been sold recently on Zoopla or if rented, write to the immediate neighbours

Steven

Steven Report 29 Aug 2014 16:04

He's fully aware of me as is his family due to certain circumstances 21 yrs ago his then over bearing wife made the decision I was not to be involved with them due to something done by my stepfather a decision which has bugged for a long while now 21 yrs on n now having four children of my own his grandchildren I feel hopefully now there would be a potentially better outcome. The houses wouldn't of bn rented out as there for a certain group in the public sector.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Aug 2014 16:09

OK, you'll appreciate that many people who post requests on this board have been adopted, hence the query ;-)

So....have you written to the address? Or do you think that his (ex?)wife may have influenced a non reply?

(you may wish to edit out your description of her)

Steven

Steven Report 29 Aug 2014 17:21

No not written was based on conversation between my mum n them at the time and a returning of a photo. I also at that time visited the house and after conformation by 10 people was met by said person n told they didn't live there! But as I stated hoping that 21 yrs has changed opinions and or attitudes n am hoping for a reconciliation as never met my father. I know address is correct but info says he may not be there y I started to search for clarity before invading peoples lives.