Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Captain George Watt

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Apr 2015 14:05

I did put a post on about my husbands Grandmother Isabella Watt' s descendants. I contacted Stornoway Historical Society and they sent me some very interesting information about her brother George which I thought would be of interest to everyone. George Watt born 1851 was awarded the MBE.and OBE. Captain George Watt was Admiralty Pilot in Stornoway during WW1 and was Harbour Master in Stornoway from 1918-1924. The man who emailed to me all this information said that there was still descendants of Captain George Watt still living in Stornoway. I now am trying to find out who they are to get in touch with them. I have looked online on bt phonebook, cannot find anyone with the surname Watt on the Isle of Lewis? I will have to try and trace his children and who they married. Any ideas?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Apr 2015 15:12

It would be better to add this to your existing thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1351050

Why not get back to the man who gave you the info and ask for details

Have you followed the advice given on the other thread?

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Apr 2015 15:29

I did send him another email, but he has not got back to me yet, I have edited my new thread to say that I have looked online on bt phone book cannot find any Watt's on the Isle of Lewis. You are right I should have added it to my other thread. Will go back to the old thread and make sure I have followed all advise. He has told me George Watt children's names, George born 1881, Alex John born 1888, Lizzie no year of birth, Florrie, no year of birth, and Zena no year of birth. I thought that I had put the post on the Lind living relatives board.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Apr 2015 15:44

Keeping in one place all requests about one family makes helping you easier

I've been re-reading your post on here - was this man really Harbour Master in his 80's? Or has something been missed?

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Apr 2015 15:49

I will edit my post again, the email he sent to me said he was Harbour Master 1918-1924.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Apr 2015 15:50

I'm putting info on your other thread to keep things together

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Apr 2015 15:53

Thank you Jacqeline, I have got in a bit of a muddle.