Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ivor Scholfied 1925-1951

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 8 Aug 2015 02:22

I now have more information on Ivor thanks to Ancestry . He married Olwen Hilda Palmer in the Dec; quarter of 1948 . Ivor died in a plane crash in 1951 he was in the R A F . Please I would like to find out if Ivor & Olwen had a child & is Olwen still alive and remarry.
Regards
Sheila

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Aug 2015 03:11

Have you checked FreeBMD?

Possible remarriage for Olwen.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Aug 2015 03:16

Where did Ivor die?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Aug 2015 03:20

Olwen's death:

Name: Olwen Hilda Moggridge
Event Type: Death Registration
Registration Quarter: Oct-Nov-Dec
Registration Year: 1987
Registration District: Exeter
County: Devon
Event Place: Exeter, Devon, England
Birth Date (available after June quarter 1969): 26 Sep 1925
Volume: 21
Page: 955

Rose

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 8 Aug 2015 03:27

Rose the Free BMD said Jan: 11951 Lutterworth but on Ancestry it is written R A F Syston . He crashed a plane

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Aug 2015 03:33

For some reason his death is missing from FreeBMD. Found it on Ancestry.

My Heritage says he had one child.

Rose

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 8 Aug 2015 03:42

Really !!!! I have just seen that there is a Military Thread . I could ask about the R A F side of Ivor on there ???? could I

Flip

Flip Report 8 Aug 2015 08:36

Ivor Henry died 8/3/1951 according to his probate (granted to Olwen, no mention of a will). He was of the officers mess, RAF Syerston, Newark Nottinghamshire. He died at Swinford, Lutterworth Leciestershire.

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=schofield&yearOfDeath=1951&page=3#calendar

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 8 Aug 2015 09:32

Thank you Flip. Sorry that it took so long to answer Time Zone but thanks

malyon

malyon Report 8 Aug 2015 19:47

cant see a birth for scholfield and palmer on bmd

this must be ivor's birth

Ivor H Schofield
England and Wales Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008
birth registration: 1925 Grimsby, Lincolnshire, England
mother: Ramsdale

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 8 Aug 2015 23:46

Thank you Malyon .Yes that's him Sorry for delay in answering Time Zones x :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 9 Aug 2015 01:41

Sheila when you say you have "more information on Ivor" does this mean you have had a previous thread about him?

also you may want to proofread and edit your subject line

you have SCHOLFIED but the name is SCHOFIELD

so it would be wise to correct the spelling in the subject line so that anyone who searches for the name will actually find your thread ... the spelling of names really is about the most important thing in a query

also, you asked about putting a question on the Military board ... I would suggest if you do it (since it is a specialized board and sometimes people with that expertise don't see other threads here), absolutely include a link to this thread so no one duplicates research

as far as I know, his military records would be available only to his direct descendants

ah ... you would qualify

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1304141

(and I hope you are doing well ... my tall dude had the same misfortune a year later and has recently had some setback ...)

here is where the info is about applying for military records ... money and months of waiting are involved:

https://www.gov.uk/requests-for-personal-data-and-service-records#service-records-of-deceased-service-personnel

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 9 Aug 2015 02:38

Thank you again, his name is/was Ivor Schofied born Grimsby 1925-1951 . His wife was Olwen Hilda Palmer is also death. She remarried.. I have a tree on Ancestry.com I went into it for the first time in months . there was a " leaf" over his name which when I went to check was the Probate papers Ivor died in an air crash I believe, but will wait for the G R O certificate for profe

Sorry to hear of the " set back " they do come. OH has had the first layer of his scull scraped of so we live in hope , just as most do suffering for Melanoma xox <3

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 9 Aug 2015 03:58

ah, melanoma. My dad was dying of it when a heart problem he didn't know about took him :-(

But his was internal and just some fluke it seems, but it was everywhere before he even knew. Bizarrely, my brother had a melanoma on his leg the next year, but it was caught in time. Fingers crossed for your fella too.

My mum has every skin cancer under the sun (groan) except melanoma. They just keep digging and cutting each new bit, seems like a deeper hole with each one that comes along, but she gets patched up and trundles along. But their stories remind us to cover up at this time of year. <3

sheilafromdownunder

sheilafromdownunder Report 9 Aug 2015 23:16

Australia is the Melanoma capital of the world ( a nice record ) not, but thanks anyway
sorry about your Dad but (((((hugs)))) for your Mum, I sent of for Ivor's Death Certificate yesterday it will take 2 or 3 weeks to get here
Stay strong
xox <3