Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paul Dennis Brown[?living relative]

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 12 Dec 2015 20:56

Does anyone out there live in the Ashford Kent area?
I am trying to trace a possible relation of mine.

His wifes name is a Joanna which ties in with a marriage in 1990 to a Joanna F Wren in Tunbridge Wells.
His fathers name was a Malcolm J G Brown and mother a Pamela D Burden.
Could a contact be made to see if I have at last traced a Brown relation.
I do not have a telephone number for this family so am stumped!
Hope that someone can help me.
Regards.
Michael.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Dec 2015 21:17

Well I really don't think it's appropriate to put such recent info on here

You could try the btonline phonebook or write to the address

Would respectedly suggest you delete this enquiry

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 12 Dec 2015 22:19

They appear to be on 192.com. You can check this out.
I agree with Shirley, you need to remove this query, or at least edit out a lot of the details.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2015 22:24

Even if a phone number is to be found, surely its better to write?

Think as if you were at the other end of the phone when a total stranger were to ring and to say they were your 2nd cousin once removed. What would your response be? Probably to put the phone down and rescue the pan about to boil over, shout at the children for arguing over the TV remote or what ever.

Write a polite letter explaining your believed relationship and enclose a SAE. Christmas is a busy time for most families - you might get a reply in the New Year.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Dec 2015 13:28

The address you have posted was last sold in 2000 (zoopla etc).

Write a letter, it's a much better way and they probably have caller display and won't pick up for an unknown number anyway.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 24 Dec 2015 20:29

I do not look at this board often, so unsure whether the OP has subsequently been edited to delete any actual address as mentioned by RR?

However, this family exist in the Ashford area of the 2014 Electoral Roll - a Paul Brown, a Joanna F Brown and others.

As well as enclosing a SAE do add a polite request to send the empty SAE back - thereby indicating that your letter did arrive but that no further contact should be attempted.

With our (fairly) modern home phone we let calls from unknown/withheld numbers go the answerphone. And, afterwards, block them as necessary

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Dec 2015 21:06

Inky1 - the OP had been Reported and since restored.

As RRose mentions "The address you have posted...." the OP must have been edited.

Look on
https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp
with Ashford as the name of the town. The current address starts TN26