Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wright family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Josephine

Josephine Report 3 Jan 2016 14:50

I am hoping to find Peter C Wright (born 1956) and Vivien R Wright (born 1958). Their parents were Gerald and Pamela Wright (nee Prior) and lived in Kent - Gerald was my mum's brother so Peter and Vivien are my cousins .............. I would love to make contact with them as I don't believe we have ever met.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Jan 2016 15:45

Hi Josephine.
Not sure if this helps, but Gerald was Gerald A. I see a death 1981 for a Gerald A. Wright, born 1922, in Tonbridge (where they married).
If you get nowhere otherwise, the death cert might give a starting point, provided a family member registered the death, as is usually the case.
Jan

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Jan 2016 17:18

is Vivien male or female?

Josephine

Josephine Report 3 Jan 2016 20:35

Thank you Jan ..... I've got his death certificate but the death was not registered by a family member .

Anncardiff Vivien is female

Jo x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Jan 2016 21:26

????? Do you know your Vivien's actual DOB? She was born June qr of 1958.

When was the last time you heard news of her?

Vivien Wright
in the England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Vivien Wright
Birth Date: 30 Apr 1958
Date of Registration: Sep 1970
Age at Death: 12
Registration district: Liverpool
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 10d
Page: 804

This looks like the same person as above - don't know why it should be registered twice on different dates, but seems a big coincidence if it's two different people:

Vivien Wright
in the England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007
Birth Date: 30 Apr 1958
Date of Registration: Dec 1970
Age at Death: 12
Registration district: Liverpool
Volume: 10d
Page: 614

EDIT:

Actually, that's probably a different Vivien - this one - so obviously not yours:

Vivien Wright
in the England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005
Mother's Maiden Surname: Evans
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1958
Registration district: Liverpool North
Volume Number: 10d
Page Number: 500

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Jan 2016 22:16

I meant to ask - who registered Gerald's death?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Jan 2016 03:06

editing on 4 Jan to fix my muddled spelling and chronology :-)

a Vivien R Wright married first Higgs in 1975 and then Willis in 1985, and then Leonard in 1991, all in Somerset

that couple is on the electoral roll but only to 2004; the stepson appears to have relocated to Lancashire

the other two Vivien R Wright births in the index are accounted for by marriages in the places where they were born

might she have married quite young in 1975?

it just seems there is no other Vivien R Wright to account for the first marriage in that chain

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jan 2016 12:09

Not criticising, JC, but just to clarify, in case anyone's trying to look for those marriages:

Her surname's Wright, not Knight, and she married Higgs first, and then Willis.

Josephine

Josephine Report 4 Jan 2016 12:27

Thank you for your replies.

Jan - Gerald died in Kent and Sussex hospital in Tunbridge Wells and the death was registered by Derek John Holland who I have surmised is a doctor and is recorded as having been present at the death ........... it looks as if he might have died during an operation.

Argyylegran - Vivien's mother's maiden name was Prior so don't think the info you have shared is my cousin .............

I had no knowledge of Vivien or Peter until I started researching my family. Mum (Gerald's sister) was much younger than her siblings and was placed in care after their mother died and their father refused to care for her so she had little or no contact with family from the age of 11. We tried to contact her family in order to join us to celebrate her 60th birthday but Gerald had died by that time.

I am hoping that if I can contact Peter and/or Vivien, apart from finding new cousins, they may have some knowledge of their paternal grandfather (my maternal grandfather), John Thomas Wright. I have found some info about John Thomas Wright - his death, his two marriages, but cannot find his date or place of birth. Requests on here previously have not resulted in me getting the correct info about him.

Thanks again Jo x

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 4 Jan 2016 12:37

Josephine, Argyllgran was correcting what JC put re. Vivien's surname - the info is accurate, but she inadvertently put Knight not Wright. Please re-read it.
I saw those marriages too. Although a long way from Kent, I think they are def. worth consudrring. Vivien R. Wright isn't the most common of names after all!
Jan

Josephine

Josephine Report 4 Jan 2016 15:04

Thanks Jan ........... will have a look at them

Jo

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Jan 2016 20:42

yikes, you see what time I was posting ArgyllGran! I will fix my post - all the calculations were (W)right, my fingers just got muddled. :-D

meanwhile ... Josephine ... I guess ArgyllGran and Brummijan sorted it out for you, but if you look back at my post, it will be fixed

that is the only person I can see who fits your Vivien