Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Williamson surname from Ivanhoe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 28 Dec 2016 07:45

Mary Georgina Williamson married Frederick Hawker. They moved to Bathurst area .Just wanted to know more about the Williamson family from Ivanhoe if there are relatives distant still about not sure if this is the correct spelling.Ok thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Dec 2016 09:53

Sounds like Australia

Best to include that in your request so people with access to those records can respond

James

James Report 28 Dec 2016 10:48

Ivanhoe NSW Australia

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Dec 2016 00:53

'RYERSONS INDEX' shows a Mary Georgina Hawker (later) BRAMLEY d 14/7/2016 age 94yrs at Pakenham . Notices in 'Herald Sun (Melb)' 18/7/2016 and 'Pakenham Gazette' 20/7/2016. 'Ryerson's will do 'look-ups' of these notices for family names.

(another Mary Georgina Hawker d 1956 aged 78yrs - notices in SMH 28/5/1956)

Valerie

James

James Report 29 Dec 2016 01:20

Sorry for not saying where she died her ashes are in orange or Bathurst NSW . Wondering about the siblings of her .The relatives from that side

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Dec 2016 01:23

James - would she be the one who died in 1956 age 78yrs?

Valerie
WAus

James

James Report 29 Dec 2016 01:59

She could be Valerie .I'm not to Sure .It sounds about right .All I know is that she was from Ivanhoe NSW Australia . Williamson family had a lot to do with Ivanhoe being established

Valerie

Valerie Report 29 Dec 2016 03:18

James you can check relatives' death notices on 'RYERSON INDEX' (on-line) - and ask for a 'look-up' from any of their newspaper death notices i.e. Mary Georgina Hawker 'Sydney Morning Herald' 28/5/ 1956. The notices should show family names.

Valerie
WAus