Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anybody help me out there please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 19 May 2017 11:25

Hi, I am looking for any possible siblings born to a Glenys Roberts who also may have used the names Klaveness, Furnival, Carey or Turner. Up to now I've found three but given there is a ten year age gap between myself and my brother I can't help thinking there maybe have been another born between 1958 and 67.
Thankyou

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2017 11:36

Try Freebmd using mmn of Roberts

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 19 May 2017 11:53

Hi I have been on there but she did get around a bit

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2017 12:04

Bu it does cover all areas

Afraid though you would have to buy certs to see who the mum was which could be costly

Try each surname you know and use mmn Roberts

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 May 2017 12:09

There is one under the surname Carey

Quite a list under the surname Turner

One under Furnival which am guessing is you

None under the surname Klaveness

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 20 May 2017 20:13

Hi Shirley, the one under Carey where would that have been? Thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2017 20:37

There are several if you look on freebmd for birth Carey mmn Roberts

Search 1958 -1968

The one I thought might be is 1958 Poole reg district. But there are other areas too

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 20 May 2017 21:23

Thanks will do now and hoping there is a Coventry birth

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 20 May 2017 22:19

I've found four coventry births with mothers maiden name Roberts and the child's surname Roberts. I've found two with same page and volume number, not sure what that means? Thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 May 2017 23:22

If there are two births registered, i.e. same surname and different given names, with the same page and volume number, they are apparently twins.

I'm not seeing those registrations - Coventry? what year?

Did you check the one in Coventry 1958 - click the page number to see all the ways the birth was registered (under both mother's and father's surnames, and the mother also claimed the father's surname as hers, indicating that she was using that surname herself).

Also, within the 58-68 year range, there is a birth in 67 with a page number followed by 's' indicating adoption that you might want to note.

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 21 May 2017 10:59

Hiya I was born in Coventry in 1967. Am I right in thinking that if you wanted the fathers name on it back then he would still have to be with you to register if you were unmarried at the time? It's like searching for a needle in a haystack but I'm convinced that there may have been one more birth between 58 and 66. Many Thanks

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 21 May 2017 16:21

No, I don't think births registered in different quarters would be twins. :-)

Not sure how it works but they may have just finished off the page in the next quarter?

Maybe you would delete those names - people who may not want their personal histories on the internet. We can just say there are Roberts-Roberts births in Coventry in Q1 and Q2 on the same page.

When you look at the image of the index (click the spectacles beside an entry at freebmd), an 's' after the page number indicates adoption. But it isn't completely reliable as I understan it, that is, if there is no 's', it doesn't necessarily mean 'not adopted'.

Tanialou

Tanialou Report 21 May 2017 17:23

Deleted. I found a sister but she was adopted and didn't have an S so it's like finding a needle in a haystack