Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help on adoption. Twins born 1949.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 24 May 2017 21:03

I have no idea where to start. Any help would be much appreciated. I have names at birth and birthday. As I have birth certificate. How on earth do you begin to find out what happened to them and where they went. I'm clueless.
Thank you for your time.
With kind regards Donna

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 May 2017 22:42

All UK adoption information is confidential,adoption records are accessable by the adopted person or an aproved agent.,,,,,,You can not have any adoption details.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

If you are a sibling/relative you can register for contact,but it only works should an adopted person also is in the same process,,,,should one or either of these people already have had access to records then they will not be informed of anyone adding to the contact register.

There are certain circumstances in place depending on your connection to the adopted people.

Other countries have their own set rules but not so unlike the UK.

Dorsetbaby

Dorsetbaby Report 25 May 2017 14:07

My ex mother in law is looking for her twin brothers. I guess if they have no idea they were adopted. Then there is 0 chance of finding them. I will tell her to contact the local social services to where they were adopted?
Thank you Kay for your reply.
With kind regards Donna