Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael.A.H.Clements born 1945 Manchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 4 Jul 2017 16:33

I am searching for the whereabouts of a Michael A.H. ( could stand for Harcourt ) Clements born 8th April 1945, & his brother Daniel born 1947 both in Manchester

Their parents were Dennis Harcourt Clements 31/1/1918 died 1975 & Martha Alice Walker I do not know when she was born or died I know they married in 1942 at Bury Greater Manchester
Thank You

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jul 2017 20:30

Have you considered putting Dennis Clements in your tree on here?

Is there the possibility that Martha married again?

Have you thought about ordering Dennis's will, for any further information?

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jul 2017 20:35

Martha married again in 1952, so the children could have taken the new surname. How are you related to them?

Marriages Sep 1952
Clements Martha A Doolan Manchester 10e 671
Doolan Martha A Doolan Manchester 10e 671
Doolan Thomas Doolan Manchester 10e 671
Doolan Thomas Clements Manchester 10e 671
Doolan Thomas Walker Manchester 10e 671
WALKER Martha A DOOLAN Manchester 10e 671

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jul 2017 20:47

This might be Martha's birth, so she could still be alive:

Births Mar 1925
Walker Martha A McCann Bolton 8c 658

or this might be her death:
MS Martha Doolan
Birth Date: 1925
Death Date: 9 Apr 2007
Residence Place at Death: Manchester, England
Postal Code District: M14

Ellen

Ellen Report 5 Jul 2017 03:21

Thank you Patchem for all of this information. I am helping Michael & Daniel's cousin Deborah look for them, she would love to meet them & discuss family history.
I am a 3rd cousin thru their grandfather Claude Harcourt Clements
Many thanks again

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 5 Jul 2017 06:01

There are two Doolan-Walker births in Manchester in the 1950s shown at

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

... unfortunately both female (so surnames have likely changed) and with no middle names and the most common English female given names in the world! (well, before the days of Brittany and Taylor ...)

Actually there is a probable marriage for the younger daughter in 1975 and a very possible for the older daughter in 1970. The 1970 couple show on the electoral roll in 2017, but there is no listing at BT on line.

However, several people have the husband in their tree, one of whom appears to be the husband himself.

The system tells me that I have had contact with one of the people who have the husband in their tree (initial 'L'). ... That was in 2014 (about a request on the board) so a message might still reach her.

I have to run but both of those marriages can be found at FreeBMD, so you know what name to search trees here for (the unusual name of the older daughter's likely husband).

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2017 06:56

Just putting for information that the area M14 (from Martha's death) covers Fallowfield, Moss Side, Ladybarn, Rusholme and Victoria Park.