Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joseph hill s living cousin James lloyd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 11 Jul 2017 10:18

Hi need to put my father's ashes in his grandmothers mother and fathers grave but new law means I have to have permission from living family , James lloyd Manchester. Age around 80s . Kind regards linda xx

Pam

Pam Report 11 Jul 2017 11:25

25 entries for James Lloyd in Manchester on electoral rolls.
Think we need more information to help.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Jul 2017 18:12

Hi Linda, if you give us your father's details - especially his mother's birth surname - we can find his birth and identify James Lloyd's birth

that way we will know James Lloyd's exact age, and whether he has a middle initial, which helps enormously in locating him.

I know about this potential problem ... in my family, we made sure that when my grandmother's ashes were buried with my grandfather, all of their children (my mum and uncles) signed consents on the spot for their own ashes to be buried there if they wished ... we buried my uncle's ashes there this spring, and when my mum dies, her ashes will be buried there with my dad's.

Sorry, hang on, James Lloyd is your dad Joseph Hill's cousin ... so it was their parents who were siblings ...

so would you know James Lloyd's mother's name?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jul 2017 20:06

My brother wanted to be buried with his gran and grandad.It was a grave for three so there was room

He died three years ago but there was big problems because the grave owner had to give permission

Problem was when gran died in 1958 the ownership passed to her eldest daughter
She passed away in 2002 and we had no way of contacting any of her chilren who probably had no interest anyway

Sad thing is brother had to be cremated but his ashes still haven't been laid to rest

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jul 2017 21:18

Shirley (and Linda!) --

my plan, if this should ever arise for my grandparents' plot (it might run out of 'offcial' room for the various children, even though my mum and dad's ashes will be in a single container) is ........ there is room for a nice shrub on each side of the headstone, and who is to say what small container might happen to fall into the holes we have to dig in order to plant them?!

(We are also allowed to place small remembrance plaques within a few inches of the front of the headstone, so Bob would be our uncle -- and if my cousin ever gets around to interring her mum and dad's ashes, Uncle Bob will indeed be there too.)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jul 2017 14:34

Presumably this is your dad's birth, Linda ?

Births Dec 1933 (>99%)
Hill Joseph W Lloyd Manchester S 8d 181

Assuming his parents belonged to Manchester, this could be their marriage:

Marriages Sep 1929 (>99%)
Hill Joseph Lloyd Manchester S. 8d 506
Lloyd Margaret Hill Manchester S. 8d 506

However, there were lots of Margaret Lloyds born in or near Manchester in a possible time-frame.
Knowing which one she was could help us to find out if she had a brother who could have been James Lloyd's father.

EDIT:

Of course, that could be complete rubbish!

Your dad's father might have had a sister who married a Lloyd.