Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sabey surname Y-DNA project

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sabey

Sabey Report 18 Jul 2017 08:08

I have recently taken on the voluntary One-Name Study for the unusual surname Sabey which was my maiden name. I have also started a Y-DNA project with FTDNA. As the male Y-chromosome is passed from father to son almost unchanged in our patrilineal society, it therefore follows the path of the surname, making it possible to trace common heritage if enough males test. Using this data I hope to also explore the origins of the surname because I am not convinced by the "Sabine" theory.

Therefore I am looking for Sabey males who have taken or are thinking of taking a Y-DNA test. Sorry Sabey ladies, we don't have Y-DNA but I still welcome your interest and support! The project is in its early stages, so I need more profiles to help in the quest. Also Saby, Sabie, Seaby, Sabby, Sabye, Saban, Sabin, Sabine and all variant spellings are welcome to join the project.

My ancestors are from the Bolnhurst, Bedfordshire branch, but Sabeys from all branches are vital for comparison.

Links to study and project.

http://one-name.org/name_profile/sabey/
https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Sabey

Please be in touch if you are interested.
Many thanks.
Jane