Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sandra Carol Alexander born 1947-49 Islington

Page 0 + 1 of 7

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 17:03

I'm searching for my aunt who was adopted along with my Father, Roger L Alexander. She was born in Islington and both siblings were adopted around the 1947-9 time. My father was adopted through the court at Aylesford in Kent.

Their father was called Henry H Alexander and served in the Pioneer Corps during the war, there is no record of his birth or death. Their mother was Vera Collins born in Liverpool.

I know that someone is searching for family as they posted under a name of Emily King, but no more is known. Please help.

greyghost

greyghost Report 23 Jul 2017 17:14

Parents marriage

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page
Marriages Jun 1942 (>99%)
Alexander Henry H Collins Finsbury 1b 1041
Collins Vera Alexander Finsbury 1b 1041

- do you have the (marriage) certificate to give ages (or do you know the ages) of the pair, their occupations and their Father's names and occupations. Might help track down some information about Henry H

Sandra C birth registered Q2 1947 Islington
Roger L Q1 1943 Croyden

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2017 17:15

Have you looked in members trees to see if she is in anyone's tree

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 17:37

I have both birth certificates. I didn't know I had an aunt until I ordered the births of children in Islington between 1943 and 1949!!!

I've searched under Henry's records and have his army number but as I don't have his birth or death certificate- I'm not allowed access to his records. Sigh...

My aunt may have a new name.

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 17:37

Thank you grey ghost

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Jul 2017 17:42

If she was adopted then she most certainly has a new name

Have you looked in members trees for her birth name and year of birth

If she is listed then you can try to make contact with the tree owner by sending them a message though the find out more box

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 17:47

I've tried Ancestry.com and here. Nothing....

It's frustrating as I know a tree was started by her side of the family on Ancestry but they mail I sent has never been answered. It is the new name that is the problem.

greyghost

greyghost Report 23 Jul 2017 17:48

It's the marriage certificate of Henry and Vera I was asking if you had - for further details of Henry H

Can you find the post (and put a link to it ) that you say an Emily King put on the boards so we can see if there is any information there.

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 18:00

Henry H was listed as living in Islington in a road that was destroyed in the war. His father is listed as Herbert Alexander. The certificate is signed by a witness called Charles Alexander. The post from Emily King offers no information other than her tree which is the same as mine.

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 18:01

Henry H Alexander was in the Pioneer Corps in WW2 and was born in 1921.

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 18:02

Vera was from Lancashire, unfortunately she died in 2003 or thereabouts. Electoral roll shows no info on Henry H.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Jul 2017 20:12

What about the Peter born in Islington in 1945?

Rose

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 20:14

Different parents. I ordered that birth certificate too, I was wondering if they were related. But it's not my father's sibling.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 23 Jul 2017 20:15

What does the H stand for in Henry H Alexander?

Rose

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 20:49

Harry! That's what the marriage certificate says.

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Jul 2017 20:50

From what I have discovered, I'm 99% certain he was Jewish. It might explain the lack of documentation.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 23 Jul 2017 21:36

H H Alexander 2nd Lieutenant 1943 Pioneer Corps View H H Alex.

www.forces-war-records.co.uk/Records?.

what was Henrys fathers Herbert occupation and Henrys age on marriage certificate......what was the 1942 address as it will possibly show on the 1939 register.

malyon

malyon Report 23 Jul 2017 22:02

I cant see that the middle name could be harry as that is another version of henry his middle name could be Herbert after his father

malyon

malyon Report 23 Jul 2017 22:34

so vera was born in 1925

if henry's middle name is Herbert this could be his death in kent

Henry Herbert Alexander
England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007
Collections from
Great Britain, England
Country
England
County
Kent