Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gerald Francis Gross

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sascha

sascha Report 13 Aug 2017 22:44

Looking for gerry gross (possibly short for gerald) lived in hounslow late 80s. Believe born in 1955 give or take a few years. Dont know where else to look ???? please can anyone give me ideas i know its a long shot with little info given!!

Cheers
Sascha

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2017 23:11

He was on the electoral roll in Hounslow to 2003, but a different family took over from him.
As the property is last listed on Zoopla as being sold in 1999, it does suggest that it is or was a rental property.
More recently, it was previously listed on Rightmove on January 2008. The accompanying photos suggest that it was vacant at that time.

Since 2002 its been possible to opt out of the commercial ER. Its possible that is what he has chosen to do.

There's a dormant facebook account with the same name? Looks the right sort of age
https://www.facebook.com/geraldfrancis.gross

patchem

patchem Report 13 Aug 2017 23:13

Welcome to genesreunited, Sascha.

If you try here:
https://www.freebmd.org.uk/

there is a Gerald F Gross born 1956 at Wycombe, and then 2 born in 1960 (Chippenham and Hatfield)

Added:
Thought you just had Gerry Gross - as is Gerald Francis then the 1956 birth.

patchem

patchem Report 13 Aug 2017 23:16

Registered 1956, could have been born end of 1955, he has his tree on here.

Try and contact him through genes?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2017 23:25

He seems to have a brother Vincent P Gross, born 1954. Although he married in 1976, he doesn't appear on any ER, not even for 2002

patchem

patchem Report 13 Aug 2017 23:33

Mother on ER until fairly recently?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2017 23:40

The one in Scotland? That went through my mind as well.
There's no death reg on Scotlandspeople either under Peggy or Margaret 2012-2016, so may be she's in residential care or died in 2017?

patchem

patchem Report 13 Aug 2017 23:47

According to a tree on Ancestry, the brother Vincent died in South Korea in 2006. (And had 2 children) Worth contacting the tree owner?

sascha

sascha Report 14 Aug 2017 08:54

Ohh my thank you everyone. I have messaged gerald on here so shall wait and see if hes the person im looking for. Didnt know he had a brother so wow :) i shall have a look at this dormant facebook account.

sascha

sascha Report 29 Aug 2017 13:11

been given some more information lived at 300 ellerdine road in late 1980s. The search continues :-) does anyone know when someone sends a message on here do they get a notification through email?

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Aug 2017 13:40

Sascha, yes if the person you have messaged has kept the same email address they will receive an email notification of the message. However if they have changed email address and not notified GR, or it is has gone to their spam box, the email may not reach them. To see if your sent message has been opened go to it on 'sent messages' and check if the envelope is still showing next to it. if it is it means the message has not yet been opened.

sascha

sascha Report 29 Aug 2017 14:27

Theres still a green envelope there. So that means not read yet thank you for that. Is there any way to know when last active knowing my luck they not been on for years. Sash :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 29 Aug 2017 15:52

No unfortunately unless they have posted there's no sure way of knowing if they are still active here. You may be able to work out how long ago they joined from the membership number, for instance mine is 4556520 and I joined 2006.

sascha

sascha Report 29 Aug 2017 20:33

Ahh i see thank you for your help :-)

sascha

sascha Report 15 Oct 2017 22:14

Update. Found a diary and its spelt jerry not gerry. Could it be short for jeremy ?? And a possible birthday being 26th november. Again still around 1955 the year of birth. Also found another address that he lived in although next to it it says moved. Ive spent so long thinking it was gerald francis gross that now that it doesnt look like it i feel like im right back at beginning again..... if anyone knows anything or knows someone that may please send them my way

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Oct 2017 22:31

But it could still be Gerald and called jerry !

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Oct 2017 22:34

Still think it's the Gerald reg 1st qtr 1956

There's no birth for a J Francis gross

patchem

patchem Report 16 Oct 2017 07:01

Jerry is used as an abbreviation for Gerald, so still believe we have the correct birth.

Try facebook and linked-in under that spelling?

Added:
On LinkedIn there is a Jerry Gross (with picture) living in Slough who went to Spring Grove Grammar School (as it then was) which is in Hounslow.

sascha

sascha Report 16 Oct 2017 16:15

Ohh thanks guys phew so i am hopefully still on right track thank you :-)