Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Information - please can anyone help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samoht

Samoht Report 21 Aug 2017 14:53

Does anyone have any advice how to find a baby born in the sixties in Morriston Hospital in Swansea? Would there be hospital records to check against birth records so we can make a match? Any advice would be very much appreciated x

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 21 Aug 2017 15:14

I looked on here Genes for 1965 +/- 5 years in Swansea

They have 138,175 births

So without a name you will need lots of patience !!!

Good luck

Samoht

Samoht Report 21 Aug 2017 15:36

Thank you, yes I had the same problem, so I was hoping to find hospital records....however I think they may all be destroyed by now sadly....running out of options, just a surname is certainly tricky I know the surname is Davies and the mothers name is Janet Loretta.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Aug 2017 15:46

If the birth was Davies / Davies looking at freebmd 1960-1970 there are a number which have an S by the registration, which may indicate adoption ( if that's the case). It narrows the search somewhat.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 21 Aug 2017 17:49

Contact the hospital and ask - you never know!

Morriston Hospital Tel: 01792 702222
Morriston Hospital, Cwmrhydyceirw, Swansea SA6

The notes are most likely destroyed by now, and if you don't have the child's name, or a more exact idea of when the birth took place, it would be an impossible task anyway.

When I used to work in a hospital, we kept obstetric notes until the child was aged 25 - assuming the child had not had any further dealings with the hospital - clinic appointments, admissions, etc.

EDIT:

Have just noticed that you know the mother's name - that would certainly make a search of records much easier, as there would be notes in her name - if they haven't been destroyed.

No harm in asking!