Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terence Cooke born Sheffield

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Carol

Carol Report 23 Aug 2017 23:28

For the past 4 years I have been trying to find my half brother who I knew nothing about. He was born 15 July 1941. I mother's name was Joyce and I believe he has a half brother Alan J Stone.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Aug 2017 06:11

was he adopted thats why you cant trace him

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Aug 2017 06:16

i see the birth mmn Cooke and a marriage for a Joyce Cook to Stone in 1950

Have you got both certs

If the marriage is correct it will show her age and fathers name ,if known

BUT that marriage has Joyce known as Sutton too so may not be the right lady!!

There again there is another marriage to Sutton in 1944 so ????

you may have to get that cert too to see if anything matches

how are you connected ?

Carol

Carol Report 30 Aug 2017 21:34

Apologies I've only just found your reply. My dad died 2 years ago age 98 and I found document showing he was father to a Terence Cooke whose mother's name was Joyce. Found her details etc and she did later marry both a Sutton and Stone but widowed early by both. Son Alan Stone. Got the info from a distant relative on this site who didn't know Terence's whereabouts. I did write to a Terence Cooke in Sheffield who I had researched (I am a semi-professional genealogist/family historian) but did not get any reply. My dad had demetia but as I had found doc before his death I did try talking to him (he thought I was one of his sisters) and he did confirm a lot of information. I've confirmed a lot from 1939 Register. Ironically Terence's birthdate 15 July is my eldest grandchild's and late husband's birthdates too.