Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted sister Lynne Jones

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2017 18:09

Searching for my sister who was born 20/03/68 in Chatsworth House Prestatyn north wales. To a Carol Anne Jones. She was rumoured to have been taken to Liverpool to be adopted. I have a copy of her birth certificate but have now hit a brick wall. Does anyone recognise this DOB ? Thank you.

Rambling

Rambling Report 7 Sep 2017 18:27

Just googling, as sometimes that turns something up, and found your posts elsewhere, was Lynne adopted by grandmother or have you eliminated that possibility?

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Sep 2017 22:09

Hi no we think my grandmother took her to Liverpool to be adopted. But I don't know what agency she went with. Have phoned round but no luck.

malyon

malyon Report 7 Sep 2017 22:30

this must be her birth

Births Mar 1968

JONES
LYNNE
JONES
ST.ASAPH
8A
4322/S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Sep 2017 10:54

Tree search.?

1968,St Asaph..

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Sep 2017 15:00

Have you added yourself to the Adoption Contact Register? If you do, your sister might do the same if she decides to try to find her birth family. You would then be put in contact with each other. It will tell you here how to go about it:-

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Kath. x

PatW

PatW Report 9 Sep 2017 18:39

There was an adoption society in Liverpool. Lancashire and Cheshire Child Adoption Council Liverpool. Not sure if they are still there but I think they dealt with Church of England babies.

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Oct 2017 22:46

Thank you for all the replies. Yes I'm on the adoption register. No luck as of yet.

Pam x