Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dates of birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 27 Sep 2017 12:57

hi
I have 2 years of births how do I know which one is correct ? and when I look up another relative no name comes up for her or her birth year which is current year any ideas thanks

gill

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Sep 2017 13:01

Without more info it's difficult to say.

When was the birth/s? , do you have names of siblings that might show up on the GRO index, prior to 1915, that might confirm maiden name of mother ? after 1911 you should find mother's maiden name on freebmd.org.uk.

When you say "current year", do you mean this year ? as that won't be online anyway.

Gillian

Gillian Report 27 Sep 2017 13:06

one callum Thomas duckett I found 1998 quarter 1 the other 2000 quarter 2 and Carly duckett 1994 qtr 4 other 2000 qtr 2. the other name that does not come is Charlotte duckett. thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Sep 2017 13:39

Both are correct
the 1998 one is also reg as Smith with mmn smith so was probably born before the marriage

the subsequent marriage legitimizes the birth so its altered to that effect

the same applies to Carly birth record

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 27 Sep 2017 13:39

If both births have a shared registration date and you know they are siblings, it suggests that they have earlier birth dates and the registration has been amended / updated for some reason.

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Sep 2017 13:41

The births in 1996, show also in mothers maiden name, so my assumption would be that the parents married after the births and the info was amended 2000.

The birth of any child after 2006 will not be online.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Sep 2017 13:45

the parents married in 2000 so legitimizing the births

still Basingstoke reg district

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Sep 2017 13:50

they are in Berkshire to 2014

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Rambling

Rambling Report 27 Sep 2017 14:07

If you want the birth details why not ask the parents, if you can't do that you really shouldn't add their children to your tree.