Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find South Africa relations

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 9 Oct 2017 12:52

Trying to find living relatives in South Africa
My gt uncle Richard Logan (born Northumberland 1906- died Pinetown Natal 1994) and his wife Harriet Wilhelmina (b Ireland 1915- died Westville Natal 2008).
They emigrated to South Africa in 1951 with their two children Stanley b 1940 Ireland and Rosemary b 1945 Ireland, they had a third child a son named Richard born sometime after 1951 but as I have no family to ask its difficult to pin down a date.
I have tried Ancestry (I found Richards/Harriet's deaths on there) and Find my past (both are free at my library) but so far I have drawn a blank on their children.
Any helpful tips would be appreciated :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Oct 2017 13:48

is it possible to get Harriets death cert for its info

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Oct 2017 13:57

Harriet Wilhemina

in the South Africa, Estates Death Index, 1999-2014
Name: Harriet Wilhemina
Birth Date: 19 Mar 1915
Death Date: 30 Jun 2007
Death Place: Westville
Date of Executorship Letter: 31 Aug 2007
High Court: KwaZulu-Natal High Court
High Court Provincial Division: Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Estate Number: 11597/2007
Will: YES
Customary Law: NO
Spouse: Logan
Pre-Deceased Spouse Name: Richard

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Oct 2017 14:03

Sadly Stanley has also passed, a tree on Ancestry has this

Hawkins Family Tree
Public Member Tree
2 attached records, 2 sources Stanley Logan
Birth: 1940 - Kilkenny, Ireland
Death: 2011 - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

might be worth contacting the tree holder

Denise

Denise Report 9 Oct 2017 22:29

Thanks Shirley
I think I must have written Harriet's death date down wrong initially as I found the same info as you regarding her death and that of my gt uncle on Ancestry, as we have long since lost contact with that side of the family (last time was around 1993) I cannot get Harriets death cert but she was a good age so probably natural causes.
I just found Stanley's death on Ancestry after I found Richard and Harriet on 3 different trees at my local family history group this afternoon.
I think my tree may still be on there from several years ago when I was a member. as some of the info they have is uncannily accurate for my close family members.
Unfortunately I am no longer a full member of Ancestry so cannot message them but my research interests are now on there so they can contact me if they wish.