Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Ian Price

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 17 Oct 2017 10:14

Hello, I am looking for an Ian Price and I have very limited information for him. The only information I have about him is:

He is from Scotland.

He was living and working in Auckland, New Zealand around 1970 at the Freezing works. He has a daughter named Alison and in 1970 he was previously married I don't know his wife's name. His date of birth is unknown and his approximate age would be around 70's but any age 50years and over I'm keen to explore.

I would be grateful for any information or guidance on this search.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Charlotte

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Oct 2017 17:32

Welcome to the boards, Charlotte.

There were 11 Ian Prices born in Scotland 1940-60, which seems to be the time span you're interested in.

Also two Prices with Ian as a middle name.

Seven Ian Prices married in Scotland 1950-70 - but I assume you don't know where he married.

Five Alison Prices were born in Scotland 1950-70 - actually, all in the 1960's.
But you don't know if she was born in Scotland or not, and the only way to find out the names of the parents of any of those five would be to buy all the birth certs - an expensive business.

I'm afraid none of this information is of any help to you.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Oct 2017 17:39

On re-reading your post these questions come to mind -

Was Alison born before or after 1970?

Were his wife and daughter with him in NZ, or had he left them in Scotland (or wherever)?

Valerie

Valerie Report 18 Oct 2017 02:05

Hi Charlotte
The 'National Library of NZ' (Auckland) (on-line) has an 'Ask a Librarian' service. They will check electoral rolls - past & present - and (sometimes) newspaper death notices (dates/location would help).

Valerie
WAus