Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mary Terry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 23 Oct 2017 12:17

I am trying to find my mums cousin Mary Terry.
The hints I have for her suggest she was born in 1955 in Cardiff, wales. Fathers name is Hertbert Terry born in 1925 in St Pancras, London. Mother maiden name Agnes M Lowe.

I don't know 100% if she is my mums cousin but the similarities were to striking to ignore. So now need to find her to rule her out or in.

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Oct 2017 12:27

For ref birth reg gives middle initial as A

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Oct 2017 12:32

Not seeing an obvious marriage for Mary. There are other Terry/Lowe births in Cardiff in years before and after 1955 do you know about those?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2017 12:32

Welcome to the boards, Emma. Assuming the birth you've found is correct, she has a middle name starting with A.

Do you have a copy of her BC to confirm her parents names? How about her parent's marriage certificate?

If you wanted to order either, do so from https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

You can find the required birth reg on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
The one for her parents is

Marriages Mar 1951 (>99%)
LOWE Agnes M TERRY Cardiff (vol) 8b (page) 441
TERRY Herbert LOWE Cardiff 8b 441

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Oct 2017 12:39

Have you tried searching all members trees - top right under search - for her name and those of her parents and siblings?

Emma

Emma Report 23 Oct 2017 12:59

I've just done a sibling searcd and I'm astonished at the names of them! ALL of them are family names such as Richard and Francis.

I think I'm on a good track. I have found some groups on Facebook to join too.

Emma

Emma Report 24 Oct 2017 12:30

I now have a potential address for her brother!