Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Timothy O'Brien

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 24 Oct 2017 14:31

Trying to find Timothy O'Brien, former Irish guard in the 1950's. lived in the london area after discharge. probably born around 1931 and had daughters called Susan and Angela. if you know of him please let me know. Thank You

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Oct 2017 15:19

Did he marry and have the children in the London area

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Oct 2017 15:27

There is a marriage 1951 Willesden spouse name Parsons and a Susan born same year? Angela poss born different part of London?

also though it is hard to say without getting the birth cert, but there is a Timothy J born some years later to possibly same couple? Would that be likely do you know?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Oct 2017 17:35

Also on Military Chat (looking for Military records)
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1368791

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Oct 2017 17:52

Possible marriage Susan J in 1972 Hendon?

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2017 13:34

Hi All
Thanks for the replies. I have a marriage record for 1951 to Daphne and some early electoral records from 1950's and 60's up to 1965.Some show both, some show Daphne on her own,

Where is the birth records for the son please as I haven't seen that?

Thanks for the help. Its brilliant.
Linda

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Oct 2017 13:44

If you go to freebmd.org. uk and just enter surnames O'brien and Parsons after the marriage date you can see the births to those names, obviously you'll be able to eliminate some in other areas. it may not be that Timothy is theirs but it is not that common a name so I thought worth a look?

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2017 13:56

Thank you for your help Nyx

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2017 14:02

Hi
I found the marriage but can't see where to find the births. Any advice please.
Thankyou

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Oct 2017 14:43

On freebmd search page you'll see just under the "freebmd" in red, a box with the options for "all types" "births" "deaths" and "marriages" click on births and enter the surnames, Timothy J is 1964 Stepney, there is another birth of a girl in 1960 also Stepney which might be connected to him?

However as you say Daphne appears on her own in some electoral rolls it may be that 1964 is too late?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Oct 2017 14:49

They are there on freebmd
Click births and put O'Brien in the top box and Parsons in spouse / mothers name

They are born 1951 and 1955

Linda

Linda Report 25 Oct 2017 15:29

Found them
Thank you

Linda

Linda Report 13 Jun 2018 12:45

Thanks for all your help. I have now found my Timothy O'brien. Sadly died in 2002 but i have 2 lovey new brothers. :-D