Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my dad's birth father - Ayrshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FHEN20

FHEN20 Report 1 Nov 2017 18:21

My dad was born Alexander Conway in October 1960 in Irvine, Ayrshire in Scotland. He was adopted as his mother Agnes Conway was unmarried, she died in December 1960 aged 24. I have traced his maternal family and we are in contact. However no-one seems to know the name of my dad's biological father. He might have been an older married married man but no-one seems to be sure about this. If anyone has any information they could share that would be great.

malyon

malyon Report 1 Nov 2017 18:37

I don't think any would have any information on the father of alexander

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 Nov 2017 19:03

Unless there any named person in Alexanders adoption file which hes has a legal to have copies then it may not be possible to trace a biological father unless in time someone lays claim to being related.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Nov 2017 00:21

Unless your father's mother told any of her family who the father was then I'm afraid I doubt whether you will ever find out. Even without adoption most of us will find an illegitimate birth in our family tree at some point and it is something you just can't do anything about.

Kath. x