Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Galbraith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Aspen

Aspen Report 4 Nov 2017 21:05

I have Joseph Galbraith married to Christina Tyrrell in Willesden 1944. They had 6 children, Wilma 1945-1946, Ann 1947-1947, Christine 1947-1947, Barry J 1948, Ian K 1954-1954 and Mary E 1958. So very sad at the loss of 4 babies. I am now looking to see if Barry and Mary married and had children. Joseph came from Northern Ireland and Wilma was born there as well. It would be wonderful to be in contact with Barry and Mary or any of their children.

Regards
Aspen :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Nov 2017 22:25

Have you checked all members trees, top right under Search?

There’s a 1969 marriage for a Barry J to a Ms Deen, Chelsea reg.
Also 2002 in Merton to Ms Moses. Only the marriage certs would show if Barry named his father as Joseph.

Assuming the brides hadn’t previously married, findmypast isn’t showing any Galbraith/Deen or Galbraith/Moses births.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Nov 2017 22:36

Potentially Mary E Galbraith married Mr Duncan in 1980, Camden reg.

They could have had one son born Westminster in 1983.

Aspen

Aspen Report 4 Nov 2017 22:45

I did notice the ones that are mentioned, but without the father's name, it is very difficult.

Regards
Aspen :-S

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Nov 2017 00:32

Unless the original Joseph & Christina were known to you, probably searching trees for the surviving children is the best bet of making contact with an interested party.

Although we may be fascinated in connecting with distant relatives, if they aren’t interested in FH, they might not be so keen!

Aspen

Aspen Report 5 Nov 2017 08:43

This side of the family is all new to me. I would like to think there are some descendants out there.

Regards
Aspen

Alexis

Alexis Report 5 Nov 2017 09:33

There is a family tree on Ancestry - Duncan Family Tree - owner Heatherhon, although she hasn't signed in recently, it would make Detectives info above correct :)

Aspen

Aspen Report 5 Nov 2017 09:39

I have tried and I did not get any reply. This is why I decided to try here.

Alexis

Alexis Report 5 Nov 2017 10:03

Pm'd you Aspen with links for Mary and Barry :-)

Aspen

Aspen Report 8 Nov 2017 19:58

I delighted to say that I'm in contact with the people that I was looking for.
Thank you all for your help. :-D