Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John michael george turner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 21:44

Hi I'm looking for my farther he is called John michael george turner he was born in 1969 he lived at 122 Chichester road South shield up till a few years ago I think he lives near the ferry crossings to north shields would be great to find him

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 23:02

Is this your post?
http://missing-you.net/browse/Tyne-and-Wear-s110.php

Without wishing to pry, which year was he last in contact or living at the address you gave?

Assuming you are in contact with your mother, does she know anything about his parents or if he had siblings? They are sometimes easier to find than the person themselves

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 23:07

He was in that address writhing the last 3 years his dad was also John turner I'm not sure on his mother's name but his father was a councillor in South shields

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Dec 2017 23:07

Mmn Ingram

Look on freebmd for parents and possible siblings

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 23:08

And yes it was my post

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 23:25

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/council-worker-quits-during-probe-1-1251377

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 23:27

There are several articles about John Turner, counsellor. One says your father lived near to him on the John Clay Estate (2003).

Although his father resigned in 2003, would the phone number still work?
https://www.southtyneside.gov.uk/article/43728/Councillor-John-Turner-s-Surgery
Don’t try unless your grandfather knows about you.

If the number has been reassigned, perhaps the local branch of the Labour Party could act as a go-between?

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 23:30

I think he resigned

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 23:37

Yes, but does the phone number still work? Is anyone in the local Labour Party still in contact?

andrew

andrew Report 12 Dec 2017 23:40

I will try tomorrow thank you very much

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Dec 2017 23:58

How about your half brother? Assuming you know his name, he’d be old enough to use Facebook & other social media sites.

If you do track him down, just say your mother & his father used to be friends & your mum would like to catch up.

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 13 Dec 2017 16:21

There is a John Michael at number 112 at the road you've given. Lived there over 15 years. He is listed on the electoral registers there until 2016. No other occupants listed.

Have you tried writing to neighbours?

andrew

andrew Report 13 Dec 2017 22:09

The number was his father's home number and he picked up so thank you very much for your help I can say it enough

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Dec 2017 23:31

Brilliant! Thank you for letting us know :-)