Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find my half sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanerin

Jeanerin Report 1 Jan 2018 18:55

Looking for my half sister Lilian ann Thompson

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Jan 2018 18:59

Need more info than that to try and help, what year was Lilian born?

edit ok you've got her birth as 1944

is that the one born Durham, mmn Flynn? Do you share mother or father? and have you looked for a remarriage of whichever parent she stayed with?

Flynn/Thompson marriage 1939?

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Jan 2018 19:18

Would have been better to continue on previous thread

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1351744?page=0

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Jan 2018 19:20

Jeanerin, did you find out the name of the child born to Lilian? as mentioned on previous thread?

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Jan 2018 19:36

Do you know if Lilian stayed in Durham? If so there is a marriage in 1965 for a Lilian A Thompson, to Scott ( on freebmd.org.uk)

Poss on eroll to 2014? will message the address

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Jan 2018 11:37

For ref helpers, it is not the Scott marriage so back to the drawing board :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jan 2018 22:47

Jeanerin, if Lilian's child was registered as Thompson, there was only one Thompson birth with mother Thompson in Durham NE 1963-1965.

(You said Liiian was 20 when the son was born, in your other thread, but I guess we don't know whether he was born in Hebburn. We also don't know whether he was registered in her surname or his father's.)

Search with that info at FreeBMD to see the name.

someone here has in their tree a person by the same name born in 1965 in Newcastle Upon Tyne,
https://tinyurl.com/ycuad8cz
but there isn't a closely matching birth in the index for that info, i.e. a birth in Newcastle, so I wonder whether that might be the person born in Durham NE.