Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Skinner/McCullough/Reid Glasgow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 4 Jan 2018 18:32

Looking for any information on any children the below might have had

David Forbes Skinner Married as below (B.1947)

Evelyn E P McCullough (B.1950 Gorbals) Married 1967

Sophia Agnes Reid (B.1951 Springburn) Married 1972

both Marriages where in Glasgow Scotland

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 4 Jan 2018 18:53

Afraid those records are on Scotlands People which isn't a subs site

You have to purchase units to look at the records and buy the certs through them

For the years you are looking for you can't view the full birth or marriage details online

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 4 Jan 2018 22:03

He appears to have married four times and died in 2007 but you probably know that. Presumably the informant on his death registration wasn't a child from one of the earlier marriages.

Paul

Paul Report 4 Jan 2018 22:58

No me and my siblings where not aware of previous marriages

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 5 Jan 2018 13:54

Paul, if you live near the Central belt of Scotland, your best bet would be to book a one day session at either The Mitchell Library in Glasgow or the Scotlandspeople Centre in Edinburgh. At either of those places you can look at the registrations of possible births of children that David may have fathered. If you find any, you can then look for possible marriages for those children. Should you find relevant marriages you can then look for births of possible grandchildren. That way you may find current addresses of his descendants.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Jan 2018 16:20

Unfortunately, for births after 1854, Scotlands People website doesn't allow the use of the mother's maiden surname as a search term, and there are far too many Skinner births to be able to say if any of them are children of your David without buying all the certs, which is obviously not feasible.

Paul

Paul Report 8 Jan 2018 20:00

thanks for the replies guys struggling with this one tbh