Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Birth Mother - Zoe Leach

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bethany

Bethany Report 22 Jan 2018 20:20

Hello,
I am trying to look for my birth mother and I'm not sure where to start. I was hoping to leave her in peace but recently because of something I am wishing to pursue I need my full family medical history and I obviously need her to start with that.
If anyone has any tips I'd really appreciate it.
I was born in Blackpool in 1994. I don't want to give away too much because if she see's this I want to be able to confirm it's her.
Thank you so much!

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jan 2018 20:30

Bethany, do you know your mother's age when she had you? If you don't want to put any details on here you can click on my name to send me a message, I could then look at possible entries on the site I have a sub to for births and possible eroll details.

Bethany

Bethany Report 22 Jan 2018 20:38

Hello, I don't I'm afraid I would have guessed she would have been around 21-<30 I have pictures of her and I can't imagine she was much older. I just don't want to put any details of myself as then she could confirm my name/ adoptive parents name so I know that it is her?
She also had another child called Anthoni. In a picture I have of them both form 1996 and she looks around mid to late 20s and he looks around 4? I have also just noticed now that she has an engagement ring on her finger but I couldn't find anything in the marriage records so I'm not sure if I'm bad at this or if she just didn't get married.
Sorry for the long post! and thank you for offering to help I appreciate it so much :)

Rambling

Rambling Report 22 Jan 2018 20:44

Have sent you a message Zoe, go to where it says 'messages' at top of page and click on the envelope :-)

Bethany

Bethany Report 22 Jan 2018 20:47

It's not showing up yet, Just the welcome message. I will message you to see if that updates it. Sorry If I'm doing it wrong!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jan 2018 21:28

Were you adopted . If so you are entitled to your adoption file which will give you more info

Rambling

Rambling Report 23 Jan 2018 09:43

For helpers ref', I have sent Bethany some info which she is going to look into.

Bethany

Bethany Report 23 Jan 2018 10:18

Hello! Thank you very much for everyone's help! I believe that after the last 24 hours I am very close to finding her and I have sent some messages.
Thank you so much!!

Ru

Ru Report 25 Jan 2018 09:27

Well done Bethany and great work Nyx.

Love it when someone finds a connection.
Peahen

Bethany

Bethany Report 30 Jan 2018 00:18

Thank you very much! :)

I am going to keep my account on the free trial until the day before but the I must cancel it. I will post the last update at that time.

I am so so very grateful to everyone who helped, suggested anything or wished me well. It means the world to me <3

Thank you,
Beth

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2018 10:48

Good luck Bethany :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2018 14:11

Don't delete your account if you possibly can help it. Just let it lapse. Make sure you've unticked the 'Auto Renew' box under 'My Account'.

There's a chance that your birth mother's relatives will spot the thread and want to make contact.
As long as your free account is linked to a current email address, they'll be able to send you a message via GR.

Bethany

Bethany Report 4 Feb 2018 11:51

Hello!
Yes that is what I was planning to do :) Just to cancel the payment :)
Thank you :D