Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mackay/Mckay

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sammie

Sammie Report 13 Feb 2018 22:35

Hello
I am searching for living relatives on my fathers side Mckay. I have gone back to I think Johne Mackay and Janet Ross (Sutherland Scotland) born around 1740/50 who had a child John born about 1771 he married Elizabeth Sutherland and moved from Rogart to Marykirk and had a child William Mackay b1827 a marine(newspaper reports on his death in 1901 have him as a Crimea war hero) who married Catherine Donely in Greenwich in 1854 (she also died just after William in 1901) and they had several children in Greenwich England (William who married Mary Abbott,Magaret who never married,Robert who married Jessie Fritten) they then returned to MaryKirk Scotland in about 1869 to have a few more, (Mary Ann who married James Fairley,John who married Elizabeth Dorward,Elizabeth,Alexander no other ingo other thsn birth and 1871 census as a toddler,Charles who married Margaret Davidson and Edward 1870 (my great grandad) who married Mary Ann Dorward. Some of the ones born in Woolich took on the name of Mckay but the elder children could of changed from birth of Mackay to Mckay later on,also death certificate of William and Catherine are in the name Mackay
If any of this fits please contact me as I am stuck finding more about these relatives I have found some children.
I am also after living relatives of my dads half sister that I've only recently found out about her name was Kathleen Stewart Mckay born in 1925 and died in 1993 Edinburgh she married a James Mclellan Hadden died 1997 and they had a son Stanley Hadden who died aged 4 months .Also told had a daughter Jacqueline Look forward to hearing from any one who thinks they maybe linked.x

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Feb 2018 22:52

Welcome to the boards, Sammie.

Did you know that you accidentally posted twice? Perhaps you could remove one of them to avoid confusion.
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1370620

At the same time, please edit the remaining opening post to remove your email address. Anyone who thinks they have a connection can contact you via the Genes messaging system, by clicking on your name. Its against GR T&C to display such information as anything posted can be read on the World Wide Web.

For this reason, if you decide not to renew your subscription, just allow your membership to lapse. As long as you retain or update the linked email address, people can still contact you.

Try searching all members trees - top right under search - for the family names you have. If anyone else lists them, send a message to the tree owner.

Sammie

Sammie Report 13 Feb 2018 23:53

Thank you. No i wasnt aware it posted twice,dont no why maybe as doing it from my phone. Removed email too

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Feb 2018 14:06

In case the date makes a difference to anyone trying to help with this query, Kathleen actually died 1993, in Edinburgh.

Her husband, James McLellan Hadden, died 1997, Edinburgh.

(No, I'm not related.)

Sammie

Sammie Report 14 Feb 2018 15:15

Thank you. I didn't notice the date typo( I really need to wear my glasses and not do notices from my phone)
It's a shame I only found out about Kathleen recently as would of been nice to of met my dad's half sister.Only doing this family tree I have found out things but never having grandparents it has been hard to find out info.They do seem to hide and reappear on censuses etc and name spellings and using middle names doesn't help trying to find them.Good luck in finding your aunty ??

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 14 Feb 2018 22:55

Related? You would need to buy a copy of the death certificate to check who the parents were. As the death was within the last two years, the chances are that the informant (and may be related) may still be at the same address.

HADDEN
JAMES STEWART
MCKAY <<<<< mother's maiden surname
734/ 311
Edinburgh, Central

Sammie

Sammie Report 15 Feb 2018 08:24

Oooh thank you for that I just presumed they only had one child Stanley who died at 4months from spina bifia. I will look into that and see if get anywhere. Thanks again ??

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Feb 2018 12:49

Birth of that James:

HADDEN
JAMES STEWART
M
685/6 133
Newington

He married in 1991 in Edinburgh, but as I don't see his wife's death, I'll assume she's still alive, and not post the marriage details.
Of course they may have separated/divorced and she reverted to her maiden name.
She has three different surnames at marriage.
There's a "Ms" with right forename and middle initial and one of the previous surnames on the Edinburgh ER 2006-9

Sammie

Sammie Report 15 Feb 2018 13:40

Hello thank you I have been looking into that James today
I have found that James Stewart Hadden b 1953 d 2016 married a
Alexandra Jane Robertson ( also has names of Okeefe and Kelly) on 23.12.1991 and divorced in 2000 I am looking at a possible children and siblings, I have messaged a Jaqueline Hadden (I was originally told that Kathleen had a daughter Jacqueline and moved to Edinburgh) but was looking in the Angus area for her birth but have found 2 born in Edinburgh and 1 that I have messaged has a possible link of Kathleen husband James who died in 1997. so am hoping to get a eply but sadly most I have messaged must no longer use the site r that email as the messages have remained unopened for weeks.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Feb 2018 16:23

Sometimes it takes months or even years before people reply, Sammie.
Have patience and don't give up!

Sammie

Sammie Report 15 Feb 2018 16:43

I wont thank you I will keep trying and researching as its too interesting to give up, but frustrating when you keep hitting brick walls with people disappearing or no records of them yet you know they did exist! I started my tree years ago and changed my email address so I am thinking others could be the same situation. but after that info of a possible son for Kathleen in James 1953 at least I have another lead hopefully,