Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter SD Brown , Cambridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Mar 2018 09:18

Hi , trying to trace Peter S D Brown for a friend
Have found on Ancestry on 2005-10 electoral role but nothing after that
Can anyone help ? Thankyou.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Mar 2018 09:22

Maybe he opted out

Have they tried writing to the address to see if there is any response

Depending on when he was born. Could he have passed away ??

Did he marry a Kathleen M ??

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Mar 2018 09:56

Cant find a death x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Mar 2018 10:04

What about the marriage. ?

malyon

malyon Report 12 Mar 2018 11:53

could have 2 marriages

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Mar 2018 11:55

The address from the 2009 eroll does not appear to have been sold recently so may still be worth writing to it. EDIT may not be the right one I'm looking at given his age,

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Mar 2018 11:59

born 1926 Cambridge

married 1951 and 1996?

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Mar 2018 12:05

Still listed on 192.com 2017/2018 but you'd have to buy credits to view address Cambridgeshire

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Mar 2018 16:26

The child of the first marriage was born a year later in Cambridge.

Unfortunately, two children with the exact same name and initial were born in the same quarter in Cambridge - !

One of them has himself in a tree here at Genes Reunited.

https://tinyurl.com/y974qgpx

We can suspect it is the right one because he also has Peter in his tree.

https://tinyurl.com/ydggavlc

However ... he doesn't have Peter's wife, so perhaps the two people with the same name born at tehe same time in the same place are cousins? It would be worth trying to contact him through Genes Reunited, although his membership number seems a little old now.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Mar 2018 16:54

Note that the 1996 marriage appears not to be him, since he is with first wife to 2016 on electoral roll at 192.com, and then alone 2017-2018.

That marriage entry at Ancestry may be a mistranscription of "Peter J D" as it matches a birth in the right area at the right time.

It mght help, for searching, if we knew his middle names.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Mar 2018 18:12

One of his middle names is Desmond, the person on here does have his wife on here , I have messaged him already , I could not find him on layest electoral role ?
Many thanks for the replies ?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Mar 2018 19:22

192.com does show him 2017-2018, or at least a person with matching initials in right place.

Use this search form:

http://www.192.com/people/advanced/

and enter both middle initials.

I keep getting different results ...

A search for Peter Brown in Cambridgeshire shows him 2002, 2005-18, with his wife, but I take that to mean that his wife was with him for some of those years.

The Advanced Search I referred to above shows him by himself 2017-2018, but doesn't show the location.

Okay actually just using the standard search form

http://www.192.com/people/search/

and searching for him with both middle initials shows 2017-2018 Cambridgeshire.

While living with his wife, he was only "Peter S". His wife must have died since she was last listed.

Oh no wait. Searching for her alone also shows her in 2017-2018. So my guess is that he has moved to a care facility.

I'm impressed with BT online today. It tells me:

"Sorry, we could not find brown in cambridgeshire in our listings."

It also can't find smith in cambridgeshire. It appears that the county has been abandoned.

Maybe it will work another day.

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/person/

edit -- searching in Cambridge rather than Cambridgeshire worked, but there is only one P who doesn't appear to be him. (post code matches a P Brown on the electoral roll at 192.com but not a Peter or son)

tip for using 192.com: 10 free searches a day and you're done ... but

find your browser's tool for deleting cookies, search for cookies with '192', delete them, and start over again at 192.com.

In Firefox, it's Tools, Options, Show Cookies.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Mar 2018 20:35

As we have no idea of the reason for this request, I'm a bit concerned that people are giving info about a man who will be nearly 92 -if alive
No offence meant, but, do please be careful

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 12 Mar 2018 20:36

Thankyou , this is most helpful ?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Mar 2018 22:26

Thanks ErikaH, I had meant to ask the reason for the enquiry, but I got sidetracked by my frustration with 192.com and BT online. :-)

Rebecca, this is for a friend, could you tell us a little more?

First whether he is a family member, and if so, whether he knows your friend, or knows about your friend's existence, for example.

(Your message double-posted, it happens here. Please do delete the other one, so as not to cause duplication and confusion.)

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 13 Mar 2018 05:59

Hi , the reason for so little info is that my frind has an elderly relative who is closely related and has asked of the person is still alive and nothing more at present, many thanks for all help and advice , will try to delete the other post

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Mar 2018 10:59

To delete the other thread, just click "Delete" at the top of your opening message on it:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1371016