Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

robert burgoyne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 24 Mar 2018 13:12

Back in 2011 I found a tree showing Robert Burgoyne born 1967 but stupidly did not follow it up. He was born in Cardiff. Am now unable to even find any tree which includes him. Am back trying to find any relatives. His mother was/is Jean Burgoyne. Any info please?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Mar 2018 13:17

The only on-line record for him in Cardiff is his birth

It may be that whoever had him in a GR tree has removed his details because they didn't have his permission to use them

Do you know when/where Jean was born?

Rambling

Rambling Report 24 Mar 2018 14:09

Assuming you are aware his mother probably married 1968?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Mar 2018 00:14

Was Robert adopted?

Ann has Jean in her tree, but with no date/place of birth.

She and her 1968 spouse do not appear on electoral rolls together since 2002, the years available on line. His name is fairly unusual and it could be that he remarried, and possibly she did as well, in the area he may come from.

Assuming he was not adopted, then if he took Jean's husband's surname, there is a possible marriage 2004 in the same general area.

That couple is together on the current electoral roll and that Robert is the right age. (based on the fact that the same age range is shown for the 2017-2018 electoral roll entry.)

https://tinyurl.com/y967xx7q

However, there is another birth for that name (no middle name/initial) in Liverpool in the 1960s that could account for that person. It is also possible that a person might not use a middle name/initial on the electoral roll. So this is a bit of an off chance all round.

If you think that is possible,

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com

It will not work for me lately. I search for Smith in London and it tells me there are none. Give it a try with the info from the 'tinyurl' link above, if you think that is a possibility.

From the info you have given, we don't know your connection or what you might already know that we don't.

Ann

Ann Report 31 Mar 2018 08:22

Many thanks for your help JoonieCloonie. Nyx has found a lot of the missing puzzle which we will be following up. Interesting she doesn't appear on electoral rolls after 2002. In fact, we haven't been able to trace any further records for her - remarriage, death, etc. Thanks again.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 31 Mar 2018 10:41

After 2002, people can choose to opt out of the public ER.

Have you checked to see whether the house she was living in then has been sold?

Ann

Ann Report 31 Mar 2018 14:07

Thank you ErikaH. I hadn't realised that. Have asked JoonieCloonie if she could give me the address she found

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Mar 2018 15:29

Hi Ann, I'm going to answer here to clear up the misunderstanding.

2002 is the earliest date that is available when you search www.192.com.

So when I said

'She and her 1968 spouse do not appear on electoral rolls together since 2002'

it's not that I saw them at an address for 2002 -- it's that I didn't see them together at all. And because we don't know where to look, then if they're not together, we can't guess which person with the name in question might be them.

For example, follow the tinyurl link I gave and do a search for the 1968 husband's name. You'll see there are 32 entries (some are the same person in different years, but even that can be hard to tell).

Sorry about the lack of clarity!

And Nyx ... you didn't say in the thread that you were assisting off-board ..... !

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Mar 2018 15:38

Sorry Joonie, have been poorly, only replying to messages as such but to cut a long story short( and it's not my story to post) the search is for Jean (who I have not been able to find past the marriage) and not for Robert whose location Ann knows. One relative is found but not yet contacted until the 'time is right'. :-)

Ann

Ann Report 31 Mar 2018 15:50

Thank you JoonieCloonie for the clarification and sorry to you and Nyx for confusing the issue. Get well soon Nyx.

Rambling

Rambling Report 31 Mar 2018 15:57

Thanks Ann, I'm better than I was!

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 31 Mar 2018 16:17

Got it now, thanks!

Put yr feet up, Nyx.