Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Richard Bryant Born 1975

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nikki

Nikki Report 11 Jun 2018 23:07

Hi,

I am searching for my half brother, born to Robert and June Bryant (Nee Dennis), his birth is registered in the first quarter of 1975. He was registered as Richard Bryant born in Epping Forrest. He was adopted at birth.

I am keen to make contact, any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Nikki

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jun 2018 00:10

Have you used the Search all member trees facility, top right under Search?
There are several listings of his birth name with either England or left blank.
There is one tree which has the correct place of birth. Are you aware of the tree owner? If not, send a message asking how they are related.

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/messages/11875934/discover?rk=658285429

You don’t appear to have added Richard to your own tree on here. That would help if he or a current relative was looking for birth family.

Register on the Adoption Contact Register & hope that he has as well.
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

There are further links on the page about intermediaries you can hire. They are allowed to access his records &, if they can find him, approach him to see if he wants contact with his birth relatives.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Jun 2018 07:21

You could also add a contact message against his birth reg on freebmd

If he should look for his birth registration he will see the message

Don't put personal tel nos or addresss but an email address would be better

Nikki

Nikki Report 15 Jun 2018 10:33

Thank you very much to both of you, these are very useful hints.