Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EDWARD MADDISON & MATILDA VOGT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eve

Eve Report 26 Jun 2018 08:08

Looking for descendants of Edward Maddison and Matilda who lived in Hamilton area in Newcastle, NSW. Either from Edward and Tilly or Edwards siblings. I have photos and keepsake which may be of interest. Eve Wright

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jun 2018 09:41

Welcome to the boards Eve.

Have you looked under "search" at the top right of screen? If you click on that and then click on "search all member trees" you will find someone called Leigh who has Matilda Vogt born 1908, NSW, Australia in their tree. You can click on "find out more" and send a message direct to them.

Kath. x

Eve

Eve Report 26 Jun 2018 11:00

Thanks for that Kath but my Matilda Vogt was born 1872 Murrurundi and another person Kim has her & I sent her a message. Cheers Eve

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2018 11:10

Siblings?

Vogt Alice 1882 — 1882 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Arthur George 1876 — 1876 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Emily 1878 — 1878 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt John William 1873 — 1873 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Louisa M 1870 — 1870 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Matilda 1872 — 1872 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Walter 1884 — 1884 New South Wales Births Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia
Vogt Walter — 1885 1885 New South Wales Deaths 1788-1945 Murrurundi, New South Wales, Australia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2018 11:16

I don't have the subscription to allow me to access the details, but could these be children of Edward & Matilda?

Maddison Edward 1899 — 1899 New South Wales Births Hamilton, New South Wales, Australia

Maddison Florence W 1902 — 1902 New South Wales Births Hamilton, New South Wales, Australia

ER for Edward & Matilda

Maddison Edward — — 1913 Australia Electoral Rolls North Hamilton, Wickham, New South Wales, Australia
Maddison Matilda — — 1913 Australia Electoral Rolls North Hamilton, Wickham, New South Wales, Australia

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2018 11:22

Confirmation of my speculation

Name
Florence W Maddison
Mother
Matilda
Father
Edward Maddison
Birth
New South Wales 1902
Civil
1902 Hamilton New South Wales Australia

MARRIAGE
Name
Florence W Maddison
Spouse
Thomas Burgess
Marriage
Hamilton, New South Wales 1925

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2018 11:28

Second marriage?

Name
Florence Winifred Burgess
Birth
abt 1902
Marriage
19/04/1947 Sydney New South Wales Australia

Don't have access to further info

Eve

Eve Report 26 Jun 2018 11:37

Hi Erika, yes that is the family I am searching for. My grandmother was Alice Maud Vogt younger sister of Matilda who was my mother's favourite Aunty Tilly. My mother Ivy Florence Buchan was eldest daughter of Alice and Aunty Tilly and Uncle Eddie lived around the corner from us when we lived in Gordon Avenue. I used to visit them and loved seeing Uncle Eddie's white fantail doves. He used to walk to Steggles store on the corner of Hunter Street and Tudor Street regularly to buy bird seed. He was almost bent double by the time I knew him in the mid to late 50s. Also by that stage Aunty Tilly was bedridden with osteoarthritis - which seems to be a problem in the family. I have had 3 joints replaced, my mother also and her brother had 2 joint replacements. How are you connected??

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jun 2018 11:48

Hello Eve
I'm not connected in any way - just a GR member trying to help, as are many others on here.

Hope you find the people you're looking for

Eve

Eve Report 26 Jun 2018 11:48

Erika
PS Florence Winifred was married 3 times after the first 2 died young -
Florence Winifred born 1902 – married 3 times
#1 Thomas Burgess 1925, died 1926
#2 Walter Hill 1947 died 1954
#3 Nikolas Roslin, Hamilton 1954
Florence Winifred Roslin electoral rolls – New Lambton 1958, 1963, 1968, 1972, 1980,
Eve

Eve

Eve Report 26 Jun 2018 11:49

thanks Erika - ignore my last message