Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cousin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 2 Jul 2018 10:12

I am trying to trace Patricia hatch born Tiptree Essex 1948 I believe she is my cousin

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Jul 2018 10:53

Hi Terence

I am not seeing a birth registered for a Patricia Hatch 1948, Tiptree, Essex.

Who were Patricia's parents?

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 2 Jul 2018 10:55

This is the only birth registered for a Patricia Hatch in 1948

Births Jun 1948 (>99%)
Hatch Patricia M J McCann Bermondsey 5c 137

Is Hatch her maiden name or married name?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jul 2018 13:24

GDPR

This woman is your cousin if one of her parents is a sibling to one of yours

Terence

Terence Report 3 Jul 2018 17:25

My mother’s sister.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jul 2018 20:37

So start with your mum and locate her and her family on the 1939 register

Without more info on the family don't think anyone can help

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Jul 2018 22:59

Terence,

We need your aunt's name and year of birth.

Rose

Terence

Terence Report 8 Aug 2018 16:31

Yes her maiden name was Hatch

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2018 17:28

Terence

You aren't helping us to help you, as you are not answering the questions you have been asked.

You've been told there isn't a birth to match your info, so tell us who Patricia's parents were, please.

You must know your mother's sister's name, at least...............

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 8 Aug 2018 18:27

Let’s start again.

What was your Aunt’s name & surname when she was born?
Which year was she born.?
Assuming she married when Patricia was born, what was the name & surname of her husband?

Although you believe that Patricia was born in Tiptree, she could have been born elsewhere then moved to the area with her family later on.

Is there a possibility that Patricia was adopted into the family, or Fathered by your aunts husband with a different lady?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2018 21:31

Let's hope it isn't another month before we get some feedback......lol!

Ru

Ru Report 9 Aug 2018 12:39

Hello Terence

It is difficult to help with the minimum information. We can locate Patricia Hatch, but you will need to send for certificates to confirm the connection to your family.

Did Patricia have a middle name. For instance Patricia A Hatch or Patricia M J Hatch.

Due to the fact these persons may still be living, it is a privacy call and as thi site goes out for all to see on the internet, then keeping information to a minimum is of prime importance.

I have sent a PM (personal message) wit two posibilities, but you cannot confirm until you send for certificates. If you then wish to take it further, you can come in again and request help. Best for you to try to research yourself if you can.

Ru

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Aug 2018 19:44

I sent Terence a PM back in July but he never responded.

Rose

Ru

Ru Report 10 Aug 2018 00:16

Thank you Rose, I am sorry do not wish to interfere with any information helpers have and send.

Just trying another approach.

Thinking DetEcTive here - what a sensible reply. A lot of threads come in without any research themselves and without realising the cost and time member helpers put in.

Terence can you please respond to comments otherwise helpers are at a loss to know what it is you want from this site.

Good luck
Ru