Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mother (Fiona Astrid Douglass)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerard

Gerard Report 2 Jul 2018 12:29

Good Morning group from the States!

So I used 192.com which showed me electoral information with addresses, but no phone numbers.

Challenge 1. As I look to reconnect with my biological mother as well as relatives, the changing of last names and being able to make contact has been one of the biggest challenges.

Here is what I know: Fiona Astrid Douglass, born In London married in 1976 to a Gerard Brown Sr. making her name now Fiona Astrid Brown. Her brother’s name was Ian Douglass.

Here is what I think I know: She got divorced and remarried in 87 becoming Fiona Davison and then possibly again in 1990, possibly changing the last name to Fraser. See how this gets confusing!

Challenge 2. In a world of technological advancements and the lack of home phone numbers to match these addresses…. besides writing letters to all the potential family members… what is the next step.

Signed, Lost in the States.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jul 2018 13:19

I would strongly advise against phoning someone out of the blue to ask if she's your mother

And please remove her DOB - data protection - and potential identity theft as well

Discussing a living person on this insecure forum is not tactful

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jul 2018 13:27

Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I thought there were restrictions about posting info regarding living people on here

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Jul 2018 13:38

You're right, Erika, I wasn't thinking. I shall delete my posts.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jul 2018 14:13

Thanks Margaret - I wasn't 100% on the guidelines...........

Gerard

Gerard Report 2 Jul 2018 14:22

Apologies for the Birthday information... edits have been made..

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jul 2018 14:24

Have you tried the btonline phonebook

If they have a BT phone line as isn't ex directory then the nos will show with the associated address

Gerard

Gerard Report 2 Jul 2018 14:31

Thanks Erika and Margaret...

Margaret, can you PM me the post that you made... please and thank you!!!

Erika, trust the last thing I want to do is just call someone out the blue and say hi mom... ??

Mistycat

Mistycat Report 2 Jul 2018 14:36

Hi Gerard

I’ve sent you some pm’s with info of who I think might be Fiona

Misty

Edit.....for info, I’ve sent possible records to Gerard which are as follows 1x birth, 1x marriage, 1x divorce, 1x electoral roll (2003 - 2005) with husband, death of husband and sadly, a possible death for Fiona, which is from a tree on Ancestry but I cannot find a registration for it........

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 2 Jul 2018 14:55

I've also sent the posts that I had deleted.