Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Violet Marshall, Dunbar

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 26 Jul 2018 05:07

I am trying to find contact details of Violet Marshall. She lives in Dunbar and was married to Derek Marshall (deceased) and has a step daughter called Louise Marshall. If anybody can provide any contact details l would be much obliged as l think she holds the missing information on my half sister who l have been trying to locate for over 20 years.

Many thanks in advance.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jul 2018 06:47

Try the electoral rolls ,and btonline phonebook

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2018 09:47

There’s an ER for 2013 which will send by PM.

When was her year of birth as there are 6 death entries on Scotlandspeople since then.

Scotlandspeople is a pay to view site, but you can register then search for free. If you think any of the entries are relevant- they do show mmn - then the informant could be a relative. Order via Scotlandspeople.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2018 09:56

Related for Louise
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1372995

Mark

Mark Report 26 Jul 2018 11:51

Thank you all for your replies and advice. It is very much appreciated. I hope l find her!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 26 Jul 2018 12:59

Louise Marshall has a tree on GR with the name Rosetta Swan.

Send her a message

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 27 Jul 2018 21:27

None of the Scottish deaths mentioned by DetEcTive are your Violet, whose birth year was 1945.

(Worked it out from marriage and birth records on SP.)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jul 2018 21:56

Thanks Argyllgran, our resident SP expert. :-D At least it rules them out.

I have urged caution when Mark writes to the address.