Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Children of Alan and Sonia Marbe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 2 Aug 2018 11:42

Am looking for children or relatives of Alan and Sonia Marbe of Tel Aviv. They married in 1947. I think there was a boy and a girl. I might be their long lost cousin..... :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Aug 2018 16:06

How much research have you done so far?

patchem

patchem Report 2 Aug 2018 23:52

There is/was an Alan Marbe who was connected with the Tel Aviv Israel Music Institute - same person?

https://www.lubranomusic.com/pages/books/29963/menahem-avidom/alexandra-opera-in-3-acts-6-scenes-libretto-aharon-ashman-english-version-alan-marbe-deutsche

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Aug 2018 09:54

Someone called Doron Marbe is on Facebook.
He belongs to Tel Aviv, although now living elsewhere.

Maybe connected ??

EDIT:
Searching further on Google for Marbe, Tel Aviv, I see several people surnamed Marbe, in Tel Aviv, in various contexts, so not an unusual name, apparently.
Nobody else on Facebook, though.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 3 Aug 2018 09:56

Someone else looking for Alan Marbe:

https://www.ancestry.com/boards/localities.mideast.israel.general/618/mb.ashx

There are no replies on that thread.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 9 Aug 2018 19:38

Thanks All for your replies.

Well I've looked on Facebook, at the Tel Aviv phonebook, etc.but I don't know any first names. Alan Marbe is the father - he may be dead as he was born in 1924 - but may be not. I don't know the names of his two children. I now know since I posted that Alan Marbe used to work for the British Institute and lectured in Language and Literature - this is in 1946/7. HIs wife's name is Sonia. It may be him that translated opera. But its hard to just phone unknown people in another country speaking a language I don't know and try and explain! I'm also not sure of the situation - do these people know of me? Were they told?

I might try a notice in a local paper - I thought these sites might throw up something, but no. Thats me on Ancestry btw!!