Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret ward nee cantrill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

peter

peter Report 4 Aug 2018 11:29

My aunt margaret ward. Sister of my mum, joyce hall.
Anybody know her?
Peter hall from australia in england at the moment

Flip

Flip Report 4 Aug 2018 11:53

Well she married in 1958, and her husband died in Leatherhead in 2008 - St John Ernest Foster Ward. His probate (with will) is available to order from the government web site, which may indicate whether Margaret was still alive?

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Aug 2018 12:11

By elimination it would seem that Margaret and Joyce were born in Sheffield in 1924 and 1929.

If you check under "search" at the top right of the screen and then click on "search all member trees" you will find that there is someone called Kathryn who has Margaret in her family tree. You can click on "Find out more" next to Kathryn's name and send her a personal message. No guarantee that you will get a reply though.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Aug 2018 12:16

Will send an address from the electoral register from 2013 for Margaret by private message (check under "messages" at top of screen).

She may still be there and just opted out of the commercially available register or she may have moved on or passed away as up to date deaths are not online.

If she is not there the current occupier may know of her current whereabouts.

Kath. x

Flip

Flip Report 4 Aug 2018 13:45

There appear to be sons according to freebmd, the youngest born 1961 is an active company director with current address in Tunbridge. You will find his name here:

https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Then look on the companies house website for his address:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/

Flip

Flip Report 4 Aug 2018 21:59

As Peter is a new poster on the boards, I've sent details of the youngest son's address, e-mail etc and how to get back to his thread.

Hopefully he'll find his aunt or his cousins.

Flip

Flip Report 5 Aug 2018 13:30

I'm not sure that Peter can find his way back to his thread, but he has replied to my PM thanking us for helping him hopefully find his aunt/cousins.

Flip

Flip Report 24 Aug 2018 17:42

Peter has now confirmed by PM that he has found his aunt and the cousin I sent him contact details for.

Looks like a good result, but he doesn't seem to be able to find himself back to the thread.