Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John R sutton born 1965 in, Birmingham, england

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stuart

Stuart Report 11 Aug 2018 20:51

Looking for the above mentioned person, he is my dad and want to speak to all living relatives of my dad too. If you are related in any way to him do get in touch thankyou

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Aug 2018 23:45

Welcome to the GR, Stuart.

The best way to contact potential relatives is to use the Search all members trees - top right under Search.
Are close Sutton relatives aware of your existence or have you lost touch?

Using https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl , there are several potential younger siblings, although some may be the children of another couple.
Would you know your paternal grandparent's names? They may still be living.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Aug 2018 13:40

Does John know about you?

Stuart

Stuart Report 12 Aug 2018 14:39

Yes I believe he does but locating him has been a nightmare

Stuart

Stuart Report 12 Aug 2018 14:40

My grandparents are Michael J sutton and doreen sutton née dunn I believe Michael has passed though unsure of my grandmother

malyon

malyon Report 12 Aug 2018 22:21

there is a doreen in electrol list in warwickshire

Stuart

Stuart Report 12 Aug 2018 23:11

Where abouts? ??

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 13 Aug 2018 06:57

Have you got their marriage cert to identify their parents and their ages when they married

Sometimes you need to go back to come forward !!

Identifying the right families may find relations that can help

There looks to be two elder siblings for John

Details on freebmd

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2018 08:19

The Doreen suggested by Malyon lived with a Robert G Sutton. The house was sold in 2016.
Neither of the potential siblings are named Robert or a name beginning with G (sometimes people prefer to go by their middle name)

Stuart

Stuart Report 13 Aug 2018 20:05

I know my dad's siblings are Lorraine and Timothy sutton. Lorraine born 1956 timothy 1962

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Aug 2018 21:24

Are you in contact with them? If not it might be worth trying to track them down.

Stuart

Stuart Report 13 Aug 2018 21:47

No I'm trying to locate them and contact them but it's hard I have Timothy's address but I don't live local

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Aug 2018 00:20

Its much better to write anyway - phone & they could treat it as a marketing call, turn up unexpectedly on the doorstep & their first reaction could be to close it in your face. Obviously it depends if they know you, and how well.

If you're uncertain that Timothy is aware he's your uncle, phrase the letter suggesting your (birth) mother was hoping to trace John for old times sake.

Enclose a SAE, include a phone number were you can be reached, ditto an email address, & write your address on the back. That's so there's a greater chance of it being returned if he's since moved.

Stuart

Stuart Report 15 Aug 2018 11:07

I don't know if my mum likes my dad to be honest I just want to trace him because he's family and I want to get to know him

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 16 Aug 2018 09:55

May be you ought to delicately ask her why they split up? There could be a genuine reason if she’s unhappy with you making contact and, by implication, with his family knowing where she is.

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Aug 2018 10:13

Ultimately no body can stop me wanting to contact him.