Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Peter Kelly Renshaw.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mumsy

Mumsy Report 14 Oct 2018 11:59

I am searching for a friend who is not on g.r. for Peter who was born on 4.2.1958 at Lewisham Hospital London, although doris Renshaw was his mothers name we don't know if his whole name would have changed on adoption his mother lived in London.

any help would be appreciated

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Oct 2018 12:03

It would be best if you removed Peter's full date of birth and just left his year of birth (GR rules for living people).

If your friend is a relative, have they added their name to the adoption contact register?

Have a look here for how to go about it:-

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

If he was adopted as a baby then it is likely that both of his names were changed.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Oct 2018 12:22

As he was adopted then his birth date should be ok to post as it won't identify him now

He isn't in anyone's tree so the best bet is to add the searchers details to the national adoption contract register for his name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Oct 2018 12:26

This enquiry is also on Facebook with a copy of the birth cert

Same advice given .add to the national adoption contact register

Mumsy

Mumsy Report 14 Oct 2018 12:57

Ok thanks for help

Ru

Ru Report 14 Oct 2018 17:49

Have sent pm as Facebook interest in this person.
Good luck
Ru