Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irene A Bonello b 1945 Paddington.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 22:29

Firstly (and most importantly) - I would Like to wish you all a very Happy New Year 2019 for you to be happy, safe and healthy and to reach for the stars in all you wish for.
I would like to thank the helpers who give of their time and money to help others with their knowledge and interest in the research of family. You have always come up 'trumps' for me and I am truly grateful. Many thanks to you all.

Just been searching for Irene from London. Irene lived 12 Chepstow Crescent in 1960's and was born 1945. Her parents mother was Evelyn (nee Waters - died accidently) and father Peter J Bonello. Was not sure if Peter was born in UK or not and I originally thought they were a Greek family, but now conclude they were probably Maltese.
I cannot find any trace of Irene - no marriage (that I can see) and I have even tried through a relative - E J Bonello who married Antonia Ricca. I knew them as John and Ricca and were twice Irene's age - think they were her cousins.
I just cannot find any further information apart from Irene's birth.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Ru

patchem

patchem Report 31 Dec 2018 22:36

Irene Bonello (no date of birth) is in a tree on here. Have you tried to contact the tree owner?

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 22:37

I will look again. Thanks I did try trees before I requested help.

Thanks patchem.
Ru

patchem

patchem Report 31 Dec 2018 22:39

Is the name fairly common in Malta?

https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20030701/local/lawyers-case-against-publishers-of-court-judgments-dismissed.146674

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 22:39

Still coming up no match! Interesting. What am I doing wrong - used this before.
Ru

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 22:44

Yes family name common in Malta from what my research shows and most Bonellos on this site show a connection to Malta, but nothing is set in concrete.

However, putting the very basic in have found the tree and have sent a message. Thanks patchem - there may not be a connection as very little on the membder tree site.

We shall see.
Ru

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 22:48

Thanks for the article. That sounds like something she would be involved with. Very articulate and fair minded person. Article 2003 so a while ago will keep researching to see if she is still practising Law. In Malta??

Ru

malyon

malyon Report 31 Dec 2018 23:07

Irene A Bonilla
United States Public Records, 1970-2009

Name: Irene A Bonilla
Event Date: 15 Nov 2007
Event Place: Van Nuys, California, United States

Ru

Ru Report 31 Dec 2018 23:18

Thank you malyon. I am not sure if this is the same Irene I am seeking.

Have had a look at the article patchem connected to and I think this is more likely the person I seek. Of course, if she is still practising Law she will be i n her 70's. We are the same age, but of course - no barriers eh!

I have located a likely address and shall write to see if this person connects to me. If not it will be back to the drawing board!!
Ru

patchem

patchem Report 1 Jan 2019 00:22

Is her Father Peter or Peter J, and have you got a death for him?

(The marriage is just for Peter to Evelyn, and no initials on ER in 1952)

Ru

Ru Report 1 Jan 2019 00:49

Hi patchem,
Yes father is Peter J and I could not find his death. Do you have this - should appreciate any information on Peter. He was a mature father to Irene and her mother much younger - Evelyn from Wales. You will see Edwin J married Antonia Ricca . I knew them as John and Ricca - a long time ago now!

Interesting the ER no initials. Evelyn was a lovely person.
Thank you.
Ru

patchem

patchem Report 1 Jan 2019 00:58

Ancestry has:

Peter Bonello
Register Type: Burial Death Date: about 1972
Burial or Cremation Date: 6th April 1972 Burial or Cremation Place: Kensington and Chelsea, London, England

from
https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch?DetsView=Summary&src=ext&fileid=6389732

Ru

Ru Report 1 Jan 2019 01:28

Oh thanks so much patchem.
I will take a look - he was devastated when Evelyn died - I have nevewr forgotten his face and I was just in my teens.

I appreciate your input for me - I do not have membership of Ancestry only My Heritage and had trouble logging in this am.

Thanks so much again.
Ru

Ru

Ru Report 1 Jan 2019 05:28

Just to keep you informed, the connection to the person on Trees is not part of the family of the person I seek.

I was grateful for the prompt reply and disappointed, but thanks for the current lead in Malta.

Thanks again
Ru

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jan 2019 06:57

He was married she was single and occ housekeeper
View 1939 England and Wales Register
Add alternate information
Report issue
Name: Peter Bonello
Marital Status: Married
Birth Date: 20 Oct 1889
Residence Year: 1939
Address: 13 Chepstow Crescent
Residence Place: Kensington, London, England
Schedule Number: 36
Sub Schedule Number: 10
Enumeration District: AMQC
Registration district: 22 49 b
Household Members:
Name
Ethel Elizabeth Perry
Ronald Vincent Lee
George Henry V Young
Alexander Mackenzie Hay
Ethel Stephanie Hay
Alexander Mackenzie Hay
Evelyn Waters dob 30.9.1908
Peter Bonello

So his death has been picked up

Ru

Ru Report 1 Jan 2019 08:08

Thanks Shirley,

The house was let out in rooms - some were self'contained with small gas cooker bed and heating and he owned the hosue (as I understood it).

I am not sure but he married Evelyn in 1941. So he was married and she must have died or divorced.

Housekeeper at that time would figure especially if his wife was no longer there.
Very interesting.
Thanks so much.
Ru

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jan 2019 08:50

They were living as man and wife pre 1937

Perhaps the marriage was later as he wasn't free till then

View London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965
View/Add Alternative Info
Report issue
Name: Peter-J Bonello
Year: 1937
County or Borough: Kensington and Chelsea
Ward or Division/Constituency: Kensington
Street address: 13 Chepstow Crescent
With Evelyn Bonello

He is peter j because the j is the indication he was eligible to jury service

patchem

patchem Report 1 Jan 2019 08:59

Yes, I wondered if there was a wife left in Malta. Wonder when/why he came here.

Get the marriage certificate for more information - though would not necessarily help you to find Irene.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Jan 2019 09:18

He was buried with Evelyn

help
interment details

authority
Kensal Green
cemetery
Kensal Green Cemetery
grave reference
/54577

Sort By:

Results per page:
namedate
date of death
Bonello, Peter06 April 1972 Unrecorded
Bonella, Evelyn19 December 1959 Unrecorded

patchem

patchem Report 1 Jan 2019 09:36

Shirley,

Have you managed to find his death? Abroad?