Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrea Janet Dodd adopted Paderborn,Germany

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 15 Feb 2019 16:21

Hello,
I am searching for my sister who was adopted at birth. Her birth name was Andrea Janet Dodd born October 1976 in Paderborn,Germany. Our mother was living there while her father was serving in the British Army.
Please any help is greatly appreciated!! <3

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Feb 2019 16:35

First step, if you haven't done so, is to add yourself to the National Adoption Contact Register

If she knows she was adopted and is interested in finding birth family, she may have done the same

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 15 Feb 2019 17:25

Ring your local Children's Social Services, ask for the Post Adoption Team. They may suggest you employ and Adoption Intermediary, if you decide to do this, check their charges before committing yourself.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Feb 2019 20:05

If she was adopted in Germany to a German family then uk records and intermediaries won't be able to help

Did your mum give any details of the adoption

Her birth shows in the army indices in FMP

Sharon

Sharon Report 15 Feb 2019 21:05

She was adopted by a British couple. I live in the USA so it makes it harder to search.

Shirley,
I saw she's showed up in one of the archives, so exciting!!

Thank you for your suggestions!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Feb 2019 22:45

Sharon
Add your details to the National Adoption Register as advised by Ericka

If she goes looking too then your contact details will be passed on to her

You can order a copy of her birth cert but it won't give details of her adoption