Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alan m brown

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 25 Mar 2019 15:08

Hi I am looking for Alan m brown from Liverpool he worked at plesseys electronic factory during the 60s.
Hi would be about late 70s or early 80s now.
Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Mar 2019 15:54

Have you done anything about finding him yourself?

Are you related?

Please bear in mind his right to privacy when replying

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Mar 2019 16:16

When you say "from Liverpool", do you know if he was born there, or do you just mean that he happened to live there in the 1960s ?

There was an Alan M Brown born in West Derby reg district in 1934, which would make that Alan c84 now.

But that doesn't necessarily mean he's the same person you're interested in.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Mar 2019 16:22

Plessey archives - but probably not employee records, from the sound of it:

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/N13711659

Just for interest:

https://tinyurl.com/yxu3w9kj

Nicola

Nicola Report 25 Mar 2019 16:51

He was born in liverpool and yes he is my birth dad it's a little complicated I found my birth mother on here thanks to all the very helpful people on this site and have a good relationship with her but she doesn't like talking about him so I don't want to push it with her.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Mar 2019 16:52

That's precisely why I asked you to think of his privacy.

The man whose birth is referred to above probably married in in the 1950's, so he may have family who also have to be considered.

Nicola

Nicola Report 25 Mar 2019 16:58

Yes he was married when he was seeing my birth mum

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Mar 2019 18:03

Re the possible marriage in the 1950's -

there's a woman with the name and middle initial of the bride in that marriage, on the 2018 Electoral Roll for Liverpool.

Her husband Alan M Brown was listed with her on the 2002-2015 ER.

So either he has died, or they've separated, or he has opted out of the public ER since 2015.

You'll find the marriage on FreeBMD to see her name, and the ER entry on 192.com, though you'll have to buy credits on 192.com to see the full address.

BUT BEAR IN MIND - this man may well not be your father, but simply happen to have the same name.

AND IF HE IS your father, please think of the feelings of his wife and other family members, as Erika has already said.

Nicola

Nicola Report 25 Mar 2019 20:06

Thanks to everyone for your help x

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Mar 2019 18:45

Possible info sent to Nicola by PM.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2019 14:42

I hope she's careful with it! Potential for causing untold heartache in these situations

I would never meddle in such matters

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Apr 2019 16:12

Erika, the PM only related to a 'possible' probate record for consideration if Nicola knew middle name.