Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Biological father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Apr 2019 15:18

Looking for Leonard Barry evans or relatives he would be in his 90,s if still alive all I have to go on was he was born in Barry Wales was married to someone who was a midwife they had three sons lived in London in 1960s but traveled to Worthing W Sussex where he met my mother apparently met him when I was 7 just the once last known to of returned to Barry wales in 1970s where he was going to buy or run a newsagents any help would be appreciated it’s all I have to go on

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Apr 2019 15:29

There was a death in Weston super mare 1978 of a Leonard Barry Evans born 1918, matches the qtr of a possible birth 1918 Cardiff. ?

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Apr 2019 15:33

Would you know if he worked for the railways? There is an entry on the 1939 register for a Leonard born that qtr, married but not showing family unfortunately. Possibly married Davies but as you can imaging pinpointing births to confirm sons under those two surnames is very difficult/

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Apr 2019 15:48

I have sent the death reg by private message, see 'messages' in menu at top of page. click on the envelope.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 Apr 2019 16:02

Hi Stuart and welcome to GR.

Do you know the exact year Leonard was born?

You say he would be in his 90's now.

Looking at births registered with that name..... there is only one birth registered in Wales in the right time frame between 1909---1918

Births Mar 1918 (>99%)
Evans Leonard B Boyt Cardiff 11a 880

IF it's the correct Leonard, this would be his parents marriage......

Marriages Mar 1905 (>99%)
EVANS William Waldron Cardiff 11a 431
Boyt Lydia Gertrude Cardiff 11a 431

Possibly.....

Leonard B Evans in the 1939 England and Wales Register
Name: Leonard B Evans
Marital status: Married
Birth Date: **** >> 1 Jan 1918 << ****
Residence Year: 1939
Address: 5 Muriel Terrace Dowlais
Residence Place: Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire, Wales
Schedule Number: 271
Sub Schedule Number: 1
Enumeration District: XHAC
Household Members:
Name
Leonard B Evans

???

Leonard Barry Evans in the England & Wales, Civil Registration Death Index, 1916-2007
Name: Leonard Barry Evans
Death Age: 60
Birth Date: **** >> 1 Jan 1918 << ****
Registration Date: Sep 1978
Registration district: Weston-super-Mare
Inferred County: Avon
Volume: 22
Page: 1153

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Apr 2019 16:11

1911 Census For England & Wales
9 Spring St Barry, Barry, Glamorganshire, Wales

William Waldron Evans Head - Male 28 1883 Railway Ticket Collector Montserrat West Indies
Lydia Gertrude Evans Wife Married Female 27 1884 - Glamorgan Cardiff
Dorothy Evans Daughter - Female 5 1906 - Glamorgan Barry
Doris Muriel Evans Daughter - Female 4 1907 - Glamorgan Barry
William Leslie Evans Son - Male 3 1908 - Glamorgan Barry
Lorna May Evans Daughter - Female 2 1909 - Glamorgan Barry

Rambling

Rambling Report 16 Apr 2019 16:18

I think possibly Lydia died 1931 Deaths Dec 1931 (>99%)
Evans Lydia G 47 Cardiff 11a 481

and William remarried 1935 Beatrice A Lamb

here on 1939 reg

Evans Household (2 People)
9 Clive Road , Barry M.B., Glamorganshire, Wales

William W Evans 21 Dec 1883 Male Railway Police Constable G W Married 10 1
Beatrice A Evans 29 Sep 1890 Female Unpaid Household Duties Married 10 2

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 16 Apr 2019 16:21

A tree on Ancestry has this marriage for the above Leonard born 1918

Marriages Sep 1939 (>99%)
Evans Leonard B Davies Merthyr T. 11a 1827
Davies Edna M Evans Merthyr T. 11a 1827

And this birth for Edna.......

Births Dec 1919 (>99%)
Davies Edna M Sinnett Merthyr T 11a 1730

Stuart

Stuart Report 16 Apr 2019 16:31

He could of been born early 1920s he told my mum he was born in Barry wales hence his middle name Barry that’s all I know apart from what’s written on post I’m new to trying to find things out :-)

malyon

malyon Report 16 Apr 2019 16:45

if born 1918 would be 100 yrs old

greyghost

greyghost Report 16 Apr 2019 17:08

You will find that the Registration District of Cardiff covers (amongst other places) Barry.

Put this free to use site in your favourites -

https://www.freebmd.org

clicking on the District heading when you get a b, m or d list will give you the information as to where is covered

greyghost

greyghost Report 16 Apr 2019 17:13

Probate - ???

Evans Leonard Barry of Kensington Hill Guest House Kensington Hill Bristol died 28 September 1978 Probate LLandaff 16 March 1979

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Calendar?surname=evans&yearOfDeath=1979&page=30#calendar

another free site, but not all estates went to probate and not all probate was registered in the year of death

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Apr 2019 22:06

Search members trees.

1 match for area.&year.

Stuart

Stuart Report 18 Apr 2019 18:35

I really am stumped haven’t a clue what I’m doing on here he told my mum he was a police officer in cid based in London he traveled to Worthing in 1962 where he met mother they had a fling and I’m the out come they just stayed in touch on and of for 7 years when he aparantly met me once she found out he had been married to a woman who was a midwife they had 3 sons . They split up and he tried to get my mum to go live with him back in Barry in wales to run a newsagent that’s the last bit of information I can get . He has probably passed away by now but I just want to know about him and if his sons know of me !!! So frustrating because I haven’t a clue about finding anything about him out with so little information thanks for reply’s so far and any more help anyone could give

Stuart

Stuart Report 18 Apr 2019 18:36

I really am stumped haven’t a clue what I’m doing on here he told my mum he was a police officer in cid based in London he traveled to Worthing in 1962 where he met mother they had a fling and I’m the out come they just stayed in touch on and of for 7 years when he aparantly met me once she found out he had been married to a woman who was a midwife they had 3 sons . They split up and he tried to get my mum to go live with him back in Barry in wales to run a newsagent that’s the last bit of information I can get . He has probably passed away by now but I just want to know about him and if his sons know of me !!! So frustrating because I haven’t a clue about finding anything about him out with so little information thanks for reply’s so far and any more help anyone could give

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2019 18:46

Stuart there are not many Leonard B Evans, born either side of around the 1920s you can look on https://www.freebmd.org.uk/
to see those who were, eg 1918 as the one mentioned already 1923, 2 in 1926 are the only ones in Wales . One of the 1926 births died same year so that narrows it down even further Deaths Dec 1926 (>99%)
Evans Leonard B 0 Merthyr T. 11a 664

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Apr 2019 18:55

Is there any chance that 'Barry' was not actually a middle name but a nickname , as he said he was from Barry? If so it widens the possibilities, but reduces the chance of identifying him, eg there are then 5 Leonards with no middle name born Cardiff.