Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela McCarthy was Angela Dare maiden name Hendry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 28 Jun 2019 15:18

Hi

i am trying to Find my second cousin Angela McCarthy. Born in Leigh Lancs in 1951. father William Allenby Hendry, Mother Hilda Waterfield.

Angela's first husband, Alan Dare, died in 1991. Angela married Thomas McCarthy in 1993. Two children John Dare born 1982 and Amy Elizabeth Dare born 1983.

Angela's father was in the New Zealand Air Force in WW2 and was a war hero. He stayed with my Grandmother (his Aunt) whilst stationed here. He married Hilda and remained in the UK. I think he joined the RAF after the war.

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jun 2019 15:35

Angela was on the eroll still in Warrington to 2005 with husband and children to first marriage. have you tried looking for them on Facebook?

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jun 2019 15:46

Thought the names rang a bell

https://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1302614

So possibly no longer in UK, poss NZ ( for helpers ref)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Jun 2019 15:49

One post per topic, please.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 29 Jun 2019 23:30

Possibly a red herring, but mentioning this just in case.

192.com shows an Angela McCarthy and Thomas McCarthy at an address in Carnforth, Lancs, on 2013-15 Electoral Roll. They were also at that address on 2006 ER.

They're also shown on Ancestry, which gives the full address. This Angela was born 1951-53, which probably means 1952, so maybe not your Angela, but you never know.

The Thomas in Carnforth was born 1957-1959, per the ER on Ancestry.

Christine

Christine Report 1 Jul 2019 14:16

Hi

Hopefully this is the right one. I will try Facebook but the only possible person has not been on Facebook for some time. i have been given the address and I am going to send a letter. Fingers crossed and thank you

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Jul 2019 10:15

PM from Christine:

Hi

Great News i have tracked down Angela McCarthy with everyone's help and we spoke on the telephone last night. She knew nothing about the Melrose side of the family and I am going to send her all of the photos etc that I have about her Dad.

Thank you

Christine

malyon

malyon Report 5 Jul 2019 21:42

wonderful news christine