Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who is J.S.(managed by ijsaints) DNA entry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robyn

Robyn Report 25 Jul 2019 06:14

Looking for the person J.S. who knew Ian James Lawton of Bury, Lancashire, who died in 2016 and was called "(managed by ijsaints) in a completed Ancestry DNA test. J.S. was a shared match with at least 5 Australian "cousins" 1st-2nd-3rd and no-one knows either Ian Lawton or J.S. in Australia.
I have found and been in touch with Ian Lawton's grandchildren and they don't know who J.S. could be. Ancestry has a pink head for J.S. that's it. It is known Ian James Lawton used subscribe to Genes Reunited.
Any help very much appreciated.
Cheers,
Robyn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jul 2019 06:45

Afraid that’s an ancestry site query

Can’t see genes members can help
Have you tried looking in members trees to see if he is listed though

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 25 Jul 2019 08:30

Have you sent a message to ijsaints on an Ancestry? That’s probably the only way to find out. I’d suggest that she is either a distant ‘marry in’ if she’s used a male relatives DNA, or a descendant of one.

If they choose not to reply, there’s not much we can do to help.

Robyn

Robyn Report 26 Jul 2019 05:34

Thank you for your suggestions.....Yes I have been in touch with Ancestry numerous times, I have tried to contact ijsaints numerous times, then I researched and found his two adult grandchildren and contacted them. They knew their Grandfather had been very interested in FH and knew he had been on Genes Reunited and Ancestry.
Nothing at all has come from my lengthy enquiries, so I thought perhaps said J.S. may have decided to continue their research themselves....
Our Australian DNA search has shown two brothers in Australia who are closely related to us and we have never heard of them, neither they us. This J.S. (managed by ijsaints) is the only close shared cousin yet to be identified...…
So frustrating.....Neither Ian's widow or her daughter wish to contact us it seems, so I am reliant on his Grandchildren...….

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jul 2019 08:47

illegitimacy somewhere in the mix?