Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tudor Evans - Aberdare 1978

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Aug 2019 23:37

I'm trying to find information about a Tudor Evans that lived in Aberdare in late 1978. He would be around 70 now. This gentleman is thought to be my younger sisters father. It would mean the world to her if we could find him

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Aug 2019 00:17

Have sent a personal message with a possible address from 2008 (look in "messages" at top right of screen).

Kath. x

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Aug 2019 15:59

I hope that no-one related to this man sees this and is distressed by the imputation

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Aug 2019 16:32

I agree with Erika. I hate to see this kind of post especially in this case where the gentleman;s name is not common and he is just " thought to be the father". I feel that this man's name has been sullied and, like Erika, I hope his family members don't see this.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Aug 2019 18:24

Just wanted to say that although I disagreed with the OP I did not RR it.

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 Aug 2019 18:29

There are a few with the name, born in possible years on freebmd.org.uk but also note the one on the eroll is almost certainly now deceased, and there are several probate records for the name after 2008.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Aug 2019 11:34

I was the one who reported the post. GR have refused to remove it, and, presumably, have not told the poster how unacceptable the post is.

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Aug 2019 13:21

The one thing in favour is that it's unlikely that family would recognise which Tudor Evans this might be, although Aberdare might seem quite specific there are at least a half dozen that could have been in the general area at the time, more if the age is not certain or he was 'just passing through'.

Has the OP responded at all?